• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Bunny welfare - so frustrating :(

catxx

Mama Doe
There are three "baby" bunnies for sale on Gumtree on my street, they all look like adults and unrelated (Lop cross, Lionhead and blue Dutch!), just being held for the camera so no evidence of living conditions, they look clean at least, if a bit terrified. I live on a pretty manky council estate.

On top of that I can see a neighbour's garden just about from my bathroom window - our gardens back on to each other but have a public path running between the two of us - a 3ft hutch and from what I could tell, a large lop (I may have had to use binoculars.......) almost filling the damn thing. All I know of that woman is how much she screams at her dog "Cally" (yup, Staffy cross, got to fit in with the stereotyping).

AND THERE'S NOTHING I CAN DO. They're breaking no laws. I have no personal connection with any of these people. My street isn't a "friendly" street, it's a huge loop with around 200 houses in it, the bottom end is the notorious "gangsta" end, only been one stabbing in the 5 years I've been there though...

I'M SO FRUSTRATED. So I'm venting here. Vent end.

It can be so damn frustrating. I am ashamed to say I have to bury my head in the sand now as I am powerless to do anything to make a difference. I used to be very 'vocal' and I have previously gotten into deep water as a result. But my personal circumstances have changed beyond all recognition, I guess it's self preservation that has made me throw in the metaphorical towel.

Just as well that there are others, both individuals and Rescues, who are not as selfish as me.

Nothing to be ashamed of. If I was more bold I'd be marching around the neighbour's house with a Hop to It booklet, but I don't like confrontation like that and she would just be defensive and angry (she does angry well from how much I hear...)

There are three "baby" bunnies for sale on Gumtree on my street, they all look like adults and unrelated (Lop cross, Lionhead and blue Dutch!), just being held for the camera so no evidence of living conditions, they look clean at least, if a bit terrified. I live on a pretty manky council estate.

On top of that I can see a neighbour's garden just about from my bathroom window - our gardens back on to each other but have a public path running between the two of us - a 3ft hutch and from what I could tell, a large lop (I may have had to use binoculars.......) almost filling the damn thing. All I know of that woman is how much she screams at her dog "Cally" (yup, Staffy cross, got to fit in with the stereotyping).

AND THERE'S NOTHING I CAN DO. They're breaking no laws. I have no personal connection with any of these people. My street isn't a "friendly" street, it's a huge loop with around 200 houses in it, the bottom end is the notorious "gangsta" end, only been one stabbing in the 5 years I've been there though...

I'M SO FRUSTRATED. So I'm venting here. Vent end.

I'm so sorry. That's bad, to have this so close to home that you can actually *see* it.

It's a drop in the ocean as far as neglect goes, but every animal neglected will suffer terribly. I wonder why they are selling their pets? Or do they breed rabbits?

I'm so sorry. That's bad, to have this so close to home that you can actually *see* it.

It's a drop in the ocean as far as neglect goes, but every animal neglected will suffer terribly. I wonder why they are selling their pets? Or do they breed rabbits?

The neighbours aren't the ones selling the rabbits FYI, just in case that was confusing!

The people selling their rabbits are really descriptive in their ad...not...all it says is:
Baby bunnies for sale handled daily by our children collection St. Albans £8.00 each

SIGH

The neighbours aren't the ones selling the rabbits FYI, just in case that was confusing!

The people selling their rabbits are really descriptive in their ad...not...all it says is:
Baby bunnies for sale handled daily by our children collection St. Albans £8.00 each

SIGH

Understood :thumb:

Totally frustrating ... :evil:

Back