• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Binkys after eating

Beebop

Warren Veteran
Hello just checking is it ok if bunnies binky lots after eating their daily rations of pellets? I know with dogs it can be bad so just wondering if bunnies are the same...

Hello just checking is it ok if bunnies binky lots after eating their daily rations of pellets? I know with dogs it can be bad so just wondering if bunnies are the same...

Goodness, a 'voice' from the past ! Hello again :D

Whilst it would be unusual for a Rabbit to have problems with exercise after eating, Rabbits should always have food going through their GI tract, if your Rabbit scoffs his/her pellets fast I think it'd be a good idea to feed the pellets from a treat ball so Bunny has to work to get each one and will consequently eat more slowly. Perhaps divide the amount of pellets you feed into two smaller 12 hourly portions fed from the treat ball.

As I have said, I think it would be unusual for a Rabbit to develop a GI tract problem like GDV in dogs as a result of binkying after eating. I have certainly never known it to happen.

Sounds like he's very happy with the food you're giving him :D

Hi Jane! Hope you are keeping well! Thanks, i assumed rabbits would be ok ad they are grazers but just thought id check! I spilt a small amount of a&p pellets between 3 feeds with lots of ings hay, seems to do the trick! :)

Hi Jane! Hope you are keeping well! Thanks, i assumed rabbits would be ok ad they are grazers but just thought id check! I spilt a small amount of a&p pellets between 3 feeds with lots of ings hay, seems to do the trick! :)

I almost fell off my chair when I saw your Username appear on the board again !!

I really hope you are keeping happy and healthy. It sounds as though your Bunny certainly is :D

Back