• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Cheapest place to buy Perspex?

Casco

Mama Doe
As per title I'm looking for the best place to buy Perspex for making an indoor run, it seems to be more expensive than I thought!

It is quite expensive isn't it! Sticking to solid for back panels would make it cheaper, or using some mesh (you can spray it white or another colour to make it look nicer. Ebay is worth a try and you could also see if anywhere locally deals in it - if you can visit face to face you might get 'offcuts' cheaper. Places that cater to gardens/greenhouses often sell panels, and thinner stuff will be cheaper - you can get 1mm stuff which is very flexible but much cheaper might might be ok if the edges are protected.

Perspex is not cheap but buying it online cut to size would be cheapest option as local shops sell perspex for a lot of money, a lot cheaper online and getting it cut to size will help you.

But again is not cheap.

Thanks, I might go for mainly solid or mesh panels with a little bit of Perspex. I'm sure I have a sheet of it in the garage which we had planned to use to replace the shed window years ago, definitely not enough to do the whole thing though. Cut to size would probably be better for me too so I'll need to do a proper plan of how I want it to look then price up the cost of getting Perspex cut to size.

I feel for you! We were shocked when we bought some for making a vivarium for our pygmy hedgehog so I can only imagine what it would be like for a rabbit enclosure! :shock:

Back