• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Disabled rabbit holiday care needed (Hove, East Sussex)

Claire L

New Kit
Help! Our regular rabbit carer can no longer look after our bunny when we go on holiday in late December!!

Do any RUers offer special bunny boarding, bunny-care-house-sitting, or know of anyone who might be willing to care for a special needs bunny, from 26 Dec to 15 Jan? We will pay of course. We live in Hove, East Sussex.

Bear is a continental bunny with arthritis, rescued nearly six years ago. Despite his immobility, he is very happy munching on his favourite greens, tossing away his willows balls and generally lounging in front of the fire. He loves to be stroked and cuddled and is an absolute sweetheart - the gentlest bunny I've ever known.

His care is quite intensive: daily medicine (easily given), daily bed change & wipe down with cloth, and possibly a weekly bath.

Any tips or offers v. gratefully received!

If you lived closer, I would gladly help with Bear....but I'm in Worcestershire. Fingers crossed some kind and caring person on here is able to help.

If you lived closer, I would gladly help with Bear....but I'm in Worcestershire. Fingers crossed some kind and caring person on here is able to help.

Yes I am in London, or I would also gladly help!

I have cared for so many disabled bunnies, it would be a pleasure :)

Aww, thank you both for your replies! :)

Our original bunny carer is in London - we only moved to the south coast this year and we haven't found anyone else who keeps holiday bunnies inside. So travelling within reason is not an issue.

MightyMax - which area of London do you live in? Would you seriously consider boarding him?? It's an awkward time of year, I realise that. If so, we should speak - could you PM me a number?

I'm in Havant, Hampshire, so also a fair way away, but if Mighty Max can't do it I'd be happy to help. Sadly, I had to have my two indoor buns put to sleep yesterday so I now have space in the kitchen or the lounge to care for an indoor bun.

My Bridge Bun Dylan had arthritis and was on metacam and then tramadol. He also needed regular bathing. I have arthritis myself so know how it can affect mobility.

I will be back to work then so my fur family are left on their own at times.

Back