• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Litter training bun

Adheela

New Kit
Hi everyone

I have just bought by bunny in as its getting so cold. He is not neutered but was fully litter trained whilst in the hutch.

I moved him inside today with a rug underneath and then a blanket on top. He is pooing and peeing everywhere in cage. I have put the poos back in his litter tray but he doesn't get it. This evening I noticed he moved the litter tray and did poo behind the litter tray. What do I do?

Any advice pls

A big change can disrupt good habits but hopefully, if you remove the blanket, he will resume his normal behaviour soon. It could take him a week or 2 :thumb:

A big change can disrupt good habits but hopefully, if you remove the blanket, he will resume his normal behaviour soon. It could take him a week or 2 :thumb:

Thanks tonibun.
I will take out the blanket today. I have the rug and blanket underneath in case of any accidents. Hopefully he will get the message but he actually moves the litter tray lol.

Thanks X

Are you able to scoop up some wee soaked bedding with a pooper scooper and put it in the litter tray?

Another trick I learned with my other Bun is to put their hay in a place that they have to go into the litter tray to eat it. And that usually does the trick

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Back