• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Never far apart

daphnephoebe

Wise Old Thumper
So these two aren't bonded yet but they always spend their whole time close by.

(sorry for the poor quality - pics taken on my phone) And sorry for the messy background.. I left David to clean up while I was at work.

The piano is next to it (Grand piano so takes up a lot of the front room).
Daphne's den is half under it but the two tier stands next to it with the run attached. Its approx 2/3 ft away (They swap everyday so get a fair run of the house and don't seem to mind)
Neither care when the piano is being played and will often sit underneath it if they're out.

The piano is next to it (Grand piano so takes up a lot of the front room).
Daphne's den is half under it but the two tier stands next to it with the run attached. Its approx 2/3 ft away (They swap everyday so get a fair run of the house and don't seem to mind)
Neither care when the piano is being played and will often sit underneath it if they're out.

Two of mine insist on sitting in the front room when I play or teach ... but I don't have a grand - only a humble upright :D

Are you the pianist?

David is the one with the bachelors in music and has been playing for 32 years. He thinks he's not very good but I find him amazing.
I've been playing since I was 3 so around 19 years but for around 5 of those we didn't have a piano at home so wouldn't get much practice. The local vicar would allow me access to the church piano every couple of week. David's reteaching me what I can't remember =]

David is the one with the bachelors in music and has been playing for 32 years. He thinks he's not very good but I find him amazing.
I've been playing since I was 3 so around 19 years but for around 5 of those we didn't have a piano at home so wouldn't get much practice. The local vicar would allow me access to the church piano every couple of week. David's reteaching me what I can't remember =]

I expect you could play duets to serenade your rabbits :love:

I expect you could play duets to serenade your rabbits :love:

I wish - I wasn't taught in the best manor (hard hit on the back of the hand if I got a note wrong) so half the time David can't actually get me to play with him in the room. Bless him - he's so patient.
Next time he plays I'll record the bunnies so you can see how much they enjoy it.

Aww, looks like they'll be pleased when bonding is sorted - are you waiting on neutering?

I wish - I wasn't taught in the best manor (hard hit on the back of the hand if I got a note wrong) so half the time David can't actually get me to play with him in the room. Bless him - he's so patient.
Next time he plays I'll record the bunnies so you can see how much they enjoy it.

:lol: When I play they just sit there - I half expect they would flee from the room! I accompanied a flautist a while ago, and they even liked the flute playing, which surprised me. Not that her playing was bad or anything, but of course the pitch is so much higher :D

Aww, looks like they'll be pleased when bonding is sorted - are you waiting on neutering?

They're already neutered. We're just having a few hiccups (big fight Friday night with not just fur being pulled). They've had the weekend to calm and we're going to start the process again - we're researching stress bonding as we might do this before putting them in to spend the night in our bedroom.

MightyMax - Its amazing how they cope. I can just imagine them sat there staring at the flautist as if to say 'what is that??' Ours don't even mind about the electric guitars. Drums are next to come into the house as I miss playing them but need to find somewhere for those to go.

They're already neutered. We're just having a few hiccups (big fight Friday night with not just fur being pulled). They've had the weekend to calm and we're going to start the process again - we're researching stress bonding as we might do this before putting them in to spend the night in our bedroom.

MightyMax - Its amazing how they cope. I can just imagine them sat there staring at the flautist as if to say 'what is that??' Ours don't even mind about the electric guitars. Drums are next to come into the house as I miss playing them but need to find somewhere for those to go.

One of mine sits right next to the sound system for the electric guitars, but then he is stone deaf :D He sleeps right through any amount of 'noise'.

We don't have any drums yet :D Are the drums yours waiting to come into the house or will you be buying them?

One of mine sits right next to the sound system for the electric guitars, but then he is stone deaf :D He sleeps right through any amount of 'noise'.

We don't have any drums yet :D Are the drums yours waiting to come into the house or will you be buying them?

I used to play when I was younger but my mum got rid of them (ran out of room in the house with all the animals) so I'm looking to buy an electric set that will sit nicely in the office. We've got another electric piano to come back here too so we may just turn the office into a studio.

Does he not feel the vibrations?

I used to play when I was younger but my mum got rid of them (ran out of room in the house with all the animals) so I'm looking to buy an electric set that will sit nicely in the office. We've got another electric piano to come back here too so we may just turn the office into a studio.

Does he not feel the vibrations?

You would think so, wouldn't you? He has a cosy bed in the sound studio and chooses to sleep there when anyone's working in there - or should I say making a lot of noise :lol:

Back