• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Not happy bunnies!

joybell

Warren Scout
I feel so mean - Tim and Marguerite are trying to get into "their" garage but I have locked the cat flap. I have bought them a 7' x 5' shed with windows. A handy friend has lined it throughout and non slip vinyl on the floor, ramp up to second floor with a long viewing platform so they can look out of the windows. New luxury dog house for their bed etc But they want to get back into the garage. They are trying to batter the cat flap in, boxing it with their paws.
I am watching from the conservatory and Tim has gone in the shed and I can see his little ears and head looking through the shed window, what a sad face. What a cruel nasty mummy am I:roll:

Lol! It will always be 'theirs' you know......

We put our bunnies in our brick shed (8x6 with window etc) during nasty weather one winter as its significantly warmer than their usual wooden one which is insulated but not nearly as warm as the brick one.

They were moved back into their wooden shed with aviary in the Spring but since then they repeatedly try to get back into the brick shed lol. Despite having a 4x4 shed with a 9x5 aviary attached..... :roll:

Shed pics would be great!

Do they have a large run attached to their shed?

They are free range in our garden and can access the shed via a cat flap. Garden is very secure and as well as buns is patrolled by 3 dogs (same size as buns and get on well). I also have a mum rabbit (rescued) and her 3 children in a double enclosure (30 feet x 15 feet) as they fight with Tim and Marguerite. I don't have much garden left and have given up trying to grow anything apart from herbs for the buns!

Lol! It will always be 'theirs' you know......

We put our bunnies in our brick shed (8x6 with window etc) during nasty weather one winter as its significantly warmer than their usual wooden one which is insulated but not nearly as warm as the brick one.

They were moved back into their wooden shed with aviary in the Spring but since then they repeatedly try to get back into the brick shed lol. Despite having a 4x4 shed with a 9x5 aviary attached..... :roll:

Shed pics would be great!

Now I feel bad about moving them from a garage to a shed in the cold weather, but the garage is large, feels cold, and I really need to put my car away. I thought the shed, with loads of straw would be cosier.:cry:

I am sure the shed is just fine for them. They are clever animals and are used to using the cat flap into the garage. It must be very myserious for them that it suddenly doesnt open!!!

My lot are in a shed and aviary set up. They dont even have insulation.

Am sure they will be fine!!

Our two have been sat outside in the aviary in this freezing cold weather so the cold doesn't seem to bother them too much anyway lol.

Back