• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

My new bun

Lea-Anne

Warren Veteran
So as it's getting cold I was keen to get Ebony a friend even though she is still young.
The bonding - well there wasn't any - they instantly got on. :love:
Bertie ( as we have now called him) is 9 months old, another pets at home child's bunny. Came from Rabbit Rescue North West.The owner called the rescue to actually get a female for her two males who 'weren't getting on'. She says the shop told her they would be fine together. The rescue said they would come visit her first and they found Ben ( my rabbit) at the bottom of the garden because 'the other male was friendlier and let the children play with him.' Helen from RRNW asked to see the other male and found him to be ill. She told them she would not be giving them a female, but she would take Ben and to get the other to a vet.
Safe and sound with a home for life now. Welcome to the family Bertie. :love:

How adorable! :love: lucky with the bonding! :D

Im going to get a rabbit on saturday and hopefully one on sunday, wishing to bond them together :wave:

Oh Bertie is very beautiful and Ebony has such a sweet face :love: How super that they bonded so quickly.

Probably one of the easiest bonds I have witnessed. I had called the rescue interested in Bertie but they were concerned about the size difference. They said just bring her down and we'll try. They went in a run together for about 40minutes happy enough. I was concerned Bertie may harm her as she is tiny but she tried to mount him and he ran off. :shock: We took them home in the carrier together and monitored them in an indoor cage for two days and it was all very relaxed and positive. Bertie was more scared of being inside as he wasn't used to it. My husband said he walked in and saw Bertie go to eat some hay near her and she just grunted and he quickly backed off :lol:. He has very good manners and she's quite confident so I think they just work well together.:D

Last edited:
Back