• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Look what I got for my babies :)

FredW

Alpha Buck
I don't know if anyone remembers, but a few weeks ago my little Fluffy was being all weird, thought he may have had GS... but turned out was just some wind. After that I realised I haven't had any real first aid stuff in the house. So I spend the last couple of weeks getting all I need, and asked MPH to create me a little First Aid box. But I wanted it multifunctional so asked them to make me a hop on box, that is a First Aid box, and it arrived yesterday. Bunbuns LOVES sitting on it, and I now have all I would need in emergencies to hand. yay :)

FirstAidBox.jpg

And because Fluffy gets jealous if I don't include him, but he was too busy playing with his rattle, here he is ;)
FluffyEnjoyingHisRattle.jpg

Wow! You have the most spoilt bunnies ever. I like how their medication is locked up so they don't try to help themselves:lol:

Yeah it is all nice and secure, and I have peace of mind, yay :)
and don't think you're one to talk, I have seen your three flopping around, they certainly are just as spoiled :)

Mine are only spoilt with space & on tap human attention. They don't have any nice "stuff", poor babies

Fantastic FredW :thumb:

What is MPH?

On the subject of emergency stuff, I have four shelves of a cupboard :lol: And that doesn't include any of my 'alternative' medicine
(ssshhhh.............)

Mine are only spoilt with space & on tap human attention. They don't have any nice "stuff", poor babies

They are plenty spoiled, Mouse told me so herself, and Boo... well she is a proper spoiled little lady. Poor Joey really, the girls are definitely in charge he says, so it's good he gets attention from you ;)

Fantastic FredW :thumb:

What is MPH?

On the subject of emergency stuff, I have four shelves of a cupboard :lol: And that doesn't include any of my 'alternative' medicine
(ssshhhh.............)

it's http://www.manorpethousing.co.uk/
LOVE them!

I was having things in cupboards etc around before, well the very few bits I had, but decided that it needed a one stop solution for everything. :)

Thats a great thing to have handy, what do you have in it, if you don't mind me asking?:D

most of the medicine chest from The Hay Expert. Bunbuns is sleeping on it now, and my memory sucks, so will write down what I got when she's off. But basically it's things like wipes, blood stop things, recovery food, infacol, syringes, and also have their brushes, nail clippers and a torch in it... but may have forgotten something to mention, will check later when she's up again. ;)

mine have a half bottle of metacam, panacur, ellas kitchen pouch, syringe, echinacea, rescue remedy & bag balm !!!! :lol: I don't use the bag balm but the tin makes me laugh. Oh & high grade manuka honey. To be honest there are little tubs of baytril around too - must chuck them

What I really need to do is put all the bits of info I print out in a file: rabbit choking, glucose levels, what to expect a vet to cover under a good many possible health scenarios
Like most of my paperwork, it has several homes so finding it when stressed or in an emergency would be a nightmare

I saw ellas kitchen thing mentioned before. do they keep for a long time? and anyone in particular you have around?

I saw ellas kitchen thing mentioned before. do they keep for a long time? and anyone in particular you have around?

Yes they keep for a long time!

I have some around, different flavours, and also some stuff in the freezer. But I get that you don't cook much Fred, so Ella's kitchen is a boon for anorexic buns :D

mine have a half bottle of metacam, panacur, ellas kitchen pouch, syringe, echinacea, rescue remedy & bag balm !!!! :lol: I don't use the bag balm but the tin makes me laugh. Oh & high grade manuka honey. To be honest there are little tubs of baytril around too - must chuck them

What I really need to do is put all the bits of info I print out in a file: rabbit choking, glucose levels, what to expect a vet to cover under a good many possible health scenarios
Like most of my paperwork, it has several homes so finding it when stressed or in an emergency would be a nightmare

What is bag balm and what's it used for?

Oh just googled it ... According to Wiki:

The active ingredients of Bag Balm are 8-hydroxyquinoline sulfate 0.3% (antiseptic) in a petroleum jelly USP and lanolin base.

Oh my. I wouldn't be using them on anyone (doubt you would either J&B :lol:)

Last edited:
Yes they keep for a long time!

I have some around, different flavours, and also some stuff in the freezer. But I get that you don't cook much Fred, so Ella's kitchen is a boon for anorexic buns :D

Cool, someone mentioned before they used it to get medicine down when their bun was ill, so that's why I thought may be worth looking into getting it. just was put off by the lemon juice part, but since I heard people use it now a few times, I shall get some for my box :)

by the way.. you wouldn't think so... but I actually trained 3 years to qualify as a chef, worked in a 4 star restaurant for a year... absolutely hate cooking now, and haven't cooked much in 15 years. so forgot how to do most things other than the basics lol

What is bag balm and what's it used for?

Oh just googled it ... According to Wiki:

The active ingredients of Bag Balm are 8-hydroxyquinoline sulfate 0.3% (antiseptic) in a petroleum jelly USP and lanolin base.

Oh my. I wouldn't be using them on anyone (doubt you would either J&B :lol:)

I bought it yonks ago (after googling and seeing it on some rabbit forum) for Noodley's sore hocks. Didn't use it though - think FHB had been away but returned before I had a chance to poison my babies with it. I do love the name ..the ingredients are nasty

Back