• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Bonding advice needed

anachronism

Young Bun
In need of a bit of advice... I bought Dylan and he was going to stay as an only bun but then I got Darcy to be bonded to him in the future. Dylan will be 8 weeks post neuter this time next month, I know not to try before then due to him still potentially being fertile.
I'm not sure whether to bond them when Dylan's 8 weeks are up or whether to wait until february/march until Darcy is spayed and recovered.

I'm also very nervous about bonding. What would you do?

I'll let more experience bonders answer when's best to bond them but re the bonding, if you're nervous about it'll be easier to get a rescue to do it for you. Far less stressful and gives you chance to neutralize the territory etc ready for when they come home.

Well I would introduce them as soon as Dylan is over his neuter as Darcy might get too used to being on her own. Then you can have Darcy spayed next year :thumb:

I forgot about this. I want to intro asap but what would I do when shes spayed? won't she need to be apart from him

Back