• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Hay suppliers Derby

Steph530

New Kit
Hi everyone,

I've been buying my hay from Pets at Home but it's costing me a fortune and they only do small bags.

Does anyone know of anywhere that sells hay in bulk or bales in the Derby area.

I would also consider ordering online and getting it delivered if it was a reasonable price (compared to pets at home), my local pet shop does hay but it doesn't seem very good quality (smells a bit musty).

Thanks
Steph

I use Martin's Farm which is north of Nottingham City (Dorket Head, Arnold): their stuff is usually alright and you can pick and choose (they usually let me pack the car and then pay for however many I can fit in).

Whilst farm hay will always be your cheapest option if you can't find any near you I have been very pleasantly surprised by a bale I bought from zooplus, it is an actual bale, tied up with balers twine and so compressed it weighs 15kg even though it looks like it won't! I actually weighed it when it turned up as I didn't believe it could be 15kg and be so small, it was we'll over the 15 kg mark!

It's not very dusty, lovely and green but some bunny owners might find it too soft, I know a lot of buns prefer stalky hay and this is very soft, luckily my guys prefer soft hay and are demolishing this!

It's this one;
http://t.zooplus.co.uk/shop/horses/feed/hay_fibre/hay_fibre/496147

Back