• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Gordon has been to the vets -UD no better!

Liz47

Wise Old Thumper
Again... Poor man. I've been having bother with all three bunnies sneezing, Jake is better and beano got better very soon after being on baytril, metacam and bisolvon. Gordon remained snuffly free for a long time but has had it the worst. He got the same meds as beano but only saw a slight improvement so he's been back tonight. He's now got a 2 week course of septrin, if this doesn't kick it the vet mentioned injections every 5 days which I hope it doesn't come too. Takes two buses to get to the vets and they're always really full and the poor buns obviously aren't keen!

Last edited:
poor lad,hope the meds work as stress can make it worse so trips to vet won't help :( give him a noserub from me! xx

get well soon Gordon !

I can empathise with the stresses of taking buns to vets on public transport - my route one way is a bus, 2 trains & a taxi.

Thank you everyone. He was a bit down at first, didn't help that beano kept trying to lick his nose but she was rather rough and he really didn't like it :( But he's back to his normal self now, hoping the meds will kick in soon.

Thank you everyone. He was a bit down at first, didn't help that beano kept trying to lick his nose but she was rather rough and he really didn't like it :( But he's back to his normal self now, hoping the meds will kick in soon.

Good to hear this Liz :D

Vibes for Gordon! xx

i hope the septrin course will help x
g.png

Yeah.. I think so

Well he had his last dose of septrin yesterday and he isn't having as many sneezing 'fits' but still sounds really snuffly and his nose/feet are wet :( I think I'll ask about having a swab taken before going onto injections - as the injections might still not contain the correct antibiotics for his strain? I feel really sorry for him, he hates having the medicine and runs away from me when I go in on an evening and when I go to stroke him he puts his ears back and lunges as he knows what I'm going to do, I feel like he doesn't like me anyway the poor bun!

Back