• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Rescue secret Santa 2015

Amy & Amber

Staff member
Is now open for rescues & sanctuaries to apply:

RESCUES: Need to PM Amy & Amber by November 18th 2015

With:
Rescue Name,
Address where parcels are to be sent to,
Telephone number
Charity number if you have one,
How many rabbits you have,
and what items are useful to you.

Rescues NEED to be on the forum.

As a rescue you must have more than 5 rabbits in your care to qualify.
You must be able to contact me (Amy & Amber) to let me know what parcels you have received.
Parcels can only be sent to one address (rescues with fosters please share your gifts as you want to).

Sanctuaries and Rescues are both eligible, but you must:
EITHER - Be a registered charity
OR - Have been an active member of RU for one year and have at least 5 rabbits in your care, either as a sanctuary or rehoming.

At the moment, we are just taking details of rescues who would like to receive presents on behalf of their residents.

Members (Santas) I will be announcing a date for you to sign up to send a gift in the near future but, in the meantime, please have a read of the following which explains how it works and feel free to ask any questions.

What is Secret Santa?
Secret Santa works by matching up rescues to individuals who wish to send an anonymous gift to a nominated rescue. You do not get to choose your rescue, but each cause is just as deserving as the next.

Why?
Secret Santa is a brilliant way to give rescue bunnies that little extra treat, rescues spend so much money on much needed vaccinations, treatment and neuters , Secret Santa feels that they deserve a Christmas treat just like the rest of us! And also it helps put a smile on the rescuers faces, seeing the bunnies enjoy the gifts.

How much is it?
There has never, and will never be price restrictions on Secret Santa. Some gifts may be larger than others but they're all appreciated just as much and it's the thought that counts. Remember, your gifts don't even have to cost you more than a few pounds, you can make "crackers" with hay and brown paper, dry your own bunny safe leaves, make bunny biscuits or even just empty your loose change pot and turn it into a voucher at your local supermarket via their coin machines. Secret Santa has no rules on price, or gifts as long as they help the rescue, because what's the point in restricting good will?

Thank you Amy :)

Last edited:
Only 2 days left to register to become a Santa!!! Let's make this the BIGGEST RU SS ever!!!! Please sign up, there's no minimum spend! Just a gift the rescue can use to improve the life of or enrich their lives of their residents. Treats, food,
Cleaning supplies... Well tell you what your assigned rescue has asked for.

If you want to ask any questions before you sign up please PM me or post here. :love:

Thank you so much for people organising this - and for getting in touch to encourage us to apply. We tend to stay very much under the radar as far as our rescuing/sanctuary role for fear of it turning into a scale we cant handle, but its great to think the buns might have some little extras etc to supplement what I am sure they think of as our 'dodgy home made stuff'!!!

Hey Rescues :thumb:

Previously you have let us know items that would be handy like cleaning sprays, bin bags, kitchen roll etc.

Are there are really handy items you could use?
:love:

Hope it's ok to put this here, I apologise if not

RU6 SECRET SANTA.

Oh Wow we have had a box arrive this afternoon and it was all wrapped up so lovely for Christmas and I opened it and it's a box of 1ml syringes which we go through lots with syringe
feeding and meds so much appreciated.

Thank you So much RU6 Secret Santa
Maysie and Mike and the Tuckerbunnies
xxxxxxx

Back