• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Moveable lump on back of neck

RebeccaJC

Warren Scout
I mentioned this to a friend who said it might be in the fur and that her rabbit got them all of the time but I noticed a moveable lump in the back of my baby rabbits neck. I get concerned over the health of my animals easily after nearly losing my middle rabbit last year to a brain tumour and after nearly losing my two cats to a serious illness brought in by the kitten when breeder promised me full health, so I'm obviously quite a cautious and maybe paranoid person when it comes to pets health and I am overly protective. I am going to take him to vets tomorrow if I can but do you think its anything to worry about if it can move? Maybe it is in his fur but I just literally do not know cause I just worry. But hes perfectly fine in himself very energetic and happy.

Has he recently been vaccinated, microchipped or had an injection for any reason? It could be a local reaction.

Has he recently been vaccinated, microchipped or had an injection for any reason? It could be a local reaction.

Yes, this is often the cause. The reaction is usually self limiting and causes no major problems. I would get your Vet to take a look, even if it is just to put your mind at rest.

I don't think he has as hes only 11 weeks old, i got him at 8.5 weeks. I will give the vet a call to give him a health check

I don't think he has as hes only 11 weeks old, i got him at 8.5 weeks. I will give the vet a call to give him a health check

To be honest it doesn't sound to me like a local reaction to anything, but I'm sure your vet will have an answer!
(Well I hope so!)

The vets was fine, the lump is just a skin tag or something nothing to worry about. He's perfectly healthy, perfect weight so I'm being a paranoid bunny mum, he got his injections too. He is not getting neutered which my vet is fine about.. No risk appt for male rabbits not to be neutered.. that's my decision.

The vets was fine, the lump is just a skin tag or something nothing to worry about. He's perfectly healthy, perfect weight so I'm being a paranoid bunny mum, he got his injections too. He is not getting neutered which my vet is fine about.. No risk appt for male rabbits not to be neutered.. that's my decision.

Good, it didn't sound worrisome to me :D

I do remember you saying that you breed your rabbits, so of course neutering wouldn't help with that! Vaccinations are always a good idea though :thumb:

Back