• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

What are you buying your bunnies this Christmas?

FredW

Alpha Buck
any other forum people would think you're crazy asking this question... but here I feel safe asking it :lol:

so I have literally no idea yet what to get my two babies this Christmas. of course they don't know what Christmas is... but they are like my children, so you'd buy your kids something, right... even before they know what time of the year it is... but anyhow.... I have literally no clue. thinking of maybe getting something made by Manor Pet Housing... since they are always great and they already working on a few things for me, practical things like a hop on dual purpose first aid box, but that's not a Christmas present lol.... so any ideas or sharing what you buy your little ones that may help, would be rather welcome :)

I think I'm going to buy one of the boxes from like Bark&Bunnies or a bunny box as one of their gifts. I've never ordered one before and i'd think christmas would be quite good :)

Im a VIP member with Pets@Home so will probably buy some things from there once i get some vouchers.

-A tunnel
-Expensive treats (aka hay experts)

I'm thinking of buying somethings from Manor pets housing also, just need to save up enough money :p

Manor pet housing here also! Just the boring hay station though, can't quite stretch to a galleon just yet lol

I ordered a moult and bolt box in September and hoping it finally arrives before Christmas!

When we went to visit our rabbits at the foster carers she had a cardboard castle they loved and were playing in so am thinking of getting one of them for Saxon and Leo.

I recently had these made for Poppy, so this can be her early present!
8e1724095401701c3811350c4763e50c.jpg

She always gets lots of treats and expensive herbs from our local petshop but i have seen some rabbit stockings filled with treats for her which i may have to acquire for her :)

I've got a new cardboard tunnel put by ( won't last past Christmas Day but still), a wooden toy and some healthy bunny treats, haven't wrapped them yet ! :)

I recently had these made for Poppy, so this can be her early present!
8e1724095401701c3811350c4763e50c.jpg

She always gets lots of treats and expensive herbs from our local petshop but i have seen some rabbit stockings filled with treats for her which i may have to acquire for her :)

That looks lovely - great job - I was looking at Noodles in the garden & I was thinking of bringing it in to tart up. The hay rack is great too. Did you make it from scratch?

I didn't make them at all! I got rhem made by Small Paws Playtime which someone on here recommended. You can search for her on fb.
One of my best friends does do woodwork though and offered to make them with me next time i visit but that will be after Christmas!

The outdoor bunnies are getting an aviary for Christmas, so will be getting practical things like plastic sheeting for rain covers and tunnels and tubes to furnish it with.

Indoor bunnies, not sure yet, the cat is getting a huge cat tree/climbing frame thing so I expect they will be playing with that too.

Plenty of toys of course ;)

Nothing. They don't celebrate Christmas. They've never sent me so much as a card. :lol:
Aww, mine too! But they're good at birthday cards :p

But no, mine won't get anything really, because I'm not here! My friend will be under strict instructions about 'safe' presents if she feels the need ;) They might get a run in January if I have time and the weather's nice for me to mesh it.

Thanks for all the tips. I think I have a few good ideas now :)

Nothing. They don't celebrate Christmas. They've never sent me so much as a card. :lol:

:lol: you know I can communicate with bunnies and yours just said they did... but.... by the time you get up in the mornings... the cards always end up as an early dawn snack as they are just too tasty.

I wanted to give them a new cardboard box to destroy, but they made such a mess last time my Mum doesn't want me giving them anymore boxes. What she doesn't know won't hurt her, of course... ;) I'm thinking of buying them another tunnel, maybe some new toys. :)

Dave is getting a new hutch and some bits like a new tray and water bowl. Not sure what I'll get fuzzy face (Chloe) yet, maybe some sticks lol.

Mine are in need of new tunnels and toys for their run, everything has got so tatty, so I'll probably give them that on Christmas morning and chill out there with them for a bit.
It's my first christmas being single since I was 13 so they'll be my substitute partner for the morning. :lol:

Back