• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Burgess Boredom Breaker Dandelion Sticks

Looks like a hammy pic on the front,If it states suitable for buns etc that's not right.Hamsters love egg,I give my "Pi" a wee bit of white boiled egg a couple of times a week.Hamsters are not strict vegetarians they can have mealworms etc.

It drives me up the wall that you have to spend ages squinting at the tiny print of the ingredients list before deciding whether to buy bunny treats.

So annoying that you have to check every detail because some idiot has decided that animals should eat rubbish! Whats going on in this world! and seeds too....grrrrrr - can we all complain about them stocking the product maybe!?

Things like that are the reason why I very rarely buy bunny treats. An actual dandelion would go down just as well and be much healthier!

I often think that treats are for us really, not the rabbit.

it shows a hamster on front, but they still mention rabbits and guinea pigs, maybe we should email them concerns or facebook etc

Well I have heard of carrot and pea omelettes... :shock: Not for rabbits, of course. ;)

I was recently shocked to find that garlic is an ingredient in some Oxbow products like their Veggie Treats. :( I am fairly certain that garlic is not good for bunnies. (Or most animals)
Some of the stuff that goes into pet food drives me mad. I probably have the commercial industry to thank for all the illnesses my animals have and are continuing to suffer. :evil:

Good thing you read labels, Jane! :thumb:

I hit the "ask a question" option and pointed out the unsuitable ingredients. Just waiting for a response

I'm not sure that 'cereals, seeds and nuts' are ideal for rabbits either. I guess in small quantities they might be ok but who knows how much is too much?!

For treats I just give my rabbits dried forage. They always seem pretty excited about it. :)

Just got a reply and they said they will change the descriptions. Will keep an eye on the website and see if this one is changed. Once it is I will check the others and email again if they don't change all of them.

Just got a reply and they said they will change the descriptions. Will keep an eye on the website and see if this one is changed. Once it is I will check the others and email again if they don't change all of them.

Erm...change the descriptions, or change the actual ingredients of the products...? :?

Back