• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Feeling Frustrated Grrrr...

FireRose

Warren Scout
Grrr I am starting to feel frustrated at this point... And my OH thinks it would be easier to re-home a giraffe at this rate :lol::lol:

We've off course been looking around for some new bunnies to adopt, I ideally wanted a bonded pair, there doesn't seem to be many rescues local to me, or if there is no bunnies in atm.. However we found a pair at a local centre.. but they really seem to be dragging their heels with it :(

3 weeks ago we went to see the bunnies, said we wanted them etc, but we haven't even had our home check yet :( The bunnies have not yet been fully bonded, however were neutured around the 10/11 September so 2 months ago tomorrow.. IS this normal for it to take this long? When we went to see them last week they said they'd had an hour together and they would try again in a few day's.

Now I know bonding bunnies is a lengthy process and does require patience, but I really do feel they're dragging their heels which in turn is making us want to go elsewhere... my OH has even suggested looking in P@H which I've categorically said NO too :evil:

But I am starting to wonder if finding a a giraffe would be easier *sigh*

IS it normal for the process to take this long? I'm really struggling with the loss of my previous fur baby so I'm not sure if it's my loneliness as such which is making me impatient, but it seems like forever, and the home check isn't even on the horizon yet, they said they'd wait to see how the bonding goes (which I can understand) BUT then they've also said if the two bunnies don't bond, they'd have to try them with other's in their rescue (which are also currently going through bonding) surely they can't just do that, and at which point do we get told, I'm sorry it's not worked, maybe look elsewhere?

How frustrating for you, my bunnies are rescues but they were already bonded when we saw them and after home check it was pretty instant.
I know rescues are busy and bonding can take a while, if you aren't happy with the wait are there any other rescues you could try? I know pets@ home sometimes have bunnies to rehome too.

I thought you'd had the offer of a pair via Helen from the rabbit crossing?

I e-mailed after her response to the thread, but didn't hear back, and not sure I could've helped the two bunnies she mentioned as I don't have a garden which is what she wanted from that post - So to my knowledge no I haven't x

How frustrating for you, my bunnies are rescues but they were already bonded when we saw them and after home check it was pretty instant.
I know rescues are busy and bonding can take a while, if you aren't happy with the wait are there any other rescues you could try? I know pets@ home sometimes have bunnies to rehome too.

I really wanted to avoid P@H just because of their values towards the breeding to getting the bunnies in, and most of their adoptee's are bunnies who have been in there a long time, I know it's not their fault but it still goes to their cause, I've had a look in 2 of my local ones in the adoption parts and there wasn't any in at the time

I'm in south Kent, so not too many rescues this end.. Though the ones which are local don't have rabbits in, there's a few others I can try I guess I just don't know how long I should be waiting if that makes sense.. :(

Ah, but how easy is it to find a bonded pair of giraffes? :lol:

I do hope they get a move on for you!

TBH I daren't look on google, cause I dread to think what would come up lol...

It just seems like a long time so far already, there's been no news on how they're getting on, and no news on a home visit either :( I'm just not sure how long the whole process is going to take, obviously bonding is a patient task.. But *stomps feet* :lol:

I'm in Kent too, have you tried Eastbourne rabbit rescue? Further away but Furry friends in surrey may also be able to help.

Yeah if you lived here in Florida I reckon in 2 months you could get a class II permit issued (but only if you have the required number of hours of experience and have taken a written examination on your knowledge), get an inspection done, and buy a giraffe (for about $30,000) and have it delivered :lol:

Maybe if they don't get back to you anytime soon you could choose a bonded pair of rabbits from another rescue and have a bunny run done?

Yeah if you lived here in Florida I reckon in 2 months you could get a class II permit issued (but only if you have the required number of hours of experience and have taken a written examination on your knowledge), get an inspection done, and buy a giraffe (for about $30,000) and have it delivered :lol:

Maybe if they don't get back to you anytime soon you could choose a bonded pair of rabbits from another rescue and have a bunny run done?

Seriously it is sounding easier then it is right here right now.

I'm thinking we may have to go elsewhere :( which is a shame on those bunnies as they loose out now too, I'm just not sure on this process and how long it should be taking I e-mail them every few day's to see how they're going but don't get much back

I e-mailed the rescue 2 day's ago, and I still don't have a response from them, I know rescue's are busy but up to now I've always got a response pretty much in an hour or two as they have someone in their admin team who deals with the e-mails + reception etc

How long do I wait? I am wondering if this adoption is going to be taking place :\ it's been 4 weeks this Friday :( I just don't know what to do, whether to stick at it, or go elsewhere (But then guilt would just eat at me for leaving those bunnies behind) BUT I'm wondering how much longer? x

Does anyone know how long it should take?

It does seem a long time, both the times I adopted it was all done within a couple of weeks.
If you do decide to try another rescue, don't feel guilty, the rabbits are well looked after and they will find a home!
Have you been phoning the rescue as well as e mailing?

Is it Eastbourne you are waiting for a response from? I know the person who runs it has been having a bit of a time of it at the moment but maybe message them on fb as I know she posted some pics today x

Is it Eastbourne you are waiting for a response from? I know the person who runs it has been having a bit of a time of it at the moment but maybe message them on fb as I know she posted some pics today x

No isn't Eastbourne - But I have had a pretty exciting update today

I phoned again asking if it would be possible to go visit them again tomorrow - Could possibly have them by end of next week with the home check going well :D:D

It really is I feel ice been waiting so long for it -

They went speed dating (I thought this was when a male/female meets lots of potentials)

But it seems they've been together today in a small pen, all went well, they're going to put them in again with each other tomorrow in a small space and all Goin g well a home
Check is going to be arranged - he said I don't see why you could t have them by next week

I'm not
Going to hold my breathe lol but I am very excited deep down x

Back