• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Better option than pellets?

BunnyMania

Young Bun
I was wondering if there is an alternative to pellets that can be fed to a rabbit.

I've seen some people prefer to cut out pellets for a healthier diet so I was just curious to know if there is something better I can feed.

I don't give many pellets anyway, normally all day access to hay, a small scoop of pellets, fresh vegetables and ever so often some sort of forage mix.

Any advice appreciated :)

Sent from my 6045Y using Tapatalk

I am happy to feed pellets - I only give an eggcupful a day. My two have plenty (unlimited) of a variety of good quality hay, lots fresh or dried forage, and a good selection of vegetables. My rabbits are healthy, I am always greeted with litter trays filled with large golden poo, so I'm happy!

I feed Meadow Menu which is a grain free pellet. Its made of over 40 plants and after a while bunnies seem to like them :)

You could have a look at FibaFirst sticks as an alternative to pellets.

My two Nethies each get 12g of Burgess Excel Junior and Dwarf and 12g of FibaFirst a day along with fresh or dried forage and unlimited hay.

They are still growing so I don't feel I want to cut out pellets altogether, and I don't want to switch onto just FibaFirst because the pellets are convenient for clicker training and using in a treat ball. But using both together seems a good compromise, and their poos look really good so I'm happy.

Back