• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Isn't that a chubby bunny

Julia25

Alpha Buck
Edited by moderator - please don't post links just to criticise.

Isn't she a bit of a chubby bunny? :shock:Or is it just me[emoji38]

Of course a lot of it is the winter coat and flap but in my opinion she looks a bit overweight:oops:

Last edited by a moderator:
She's enormous! Is it easy for rabbits to get fat? Does it just happen if you feed them too many pellets?

She's enormous! Is it easy for rabbits to get fat? Does it just happen if you feed them too many pellets?

Yes it can be quite easy, especially if they don't have a big hutch or much space to run around in. In the winter they use up more energy to keep warm outside.

Muesli is the worst and unhealthy treats or high sugar content veggies, too much sugar can cause a rabbit to become overweight.

As long as you only feed 1-2 egg cups of pellets and they have a big enough hutch/living accommodation and run then there's no need to worry.

OH My she is gorgeous.... But oh so overweight, the poor thing :( I hope somebody gets her soon and she can loose it, poor bunny :(

:cry: how can anyone just have a rabbit by itself and just advertise her to any old person. She def looks over weight...prob not spayed either. She looks like she would have a great personality though.

:cry: how can anyone just have a rabbit by itself and just advertise her to any old person. She def looks over weight...prob not spayed either. She looks like she would have a great personality though.

Was going to say, she looks unspayed to me too (if you can tell by looks! :))

Poor lass. With all the unwanted rabbits around, a chubby girl going for £20 no offers is highly unlikely to be snapped up .....

Sadly I've seen worse - one of my boarding clients bunnies is even bigger than that :(

Do you ever advise your clients, Catherine?

I always coax my clients to the point of view their bunny would do better a bit slimmer and organise a regime. All in good humour, and they take it on board. Mind, sometimes the bunnies come back to me just as portly :roll:

Back