• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Bunny scrap

Clare-uk

Mama Doe
Why girls why..... :(

Dolly and daisy just decided to hate each other and I have separated them from swirling balls of fluff twice just now :(

First time daisy started it and second time Dolly did. I was cleaning them out but did it exactly the same as usual.

There was a big tree being cut down earlier and a lot of mechanical noise which was upsetting them, could it just be that?

I know you get referred aggression but they've lived next to jazz for over a year now and both are spayed.

What should I do??

I had to go out so decided to keep them apart while couldn't supervise them - probably wrong but they were proper rolling about both times and I was scared.

They are together again now and daisy, who has always been submissive seems to be aggressively thrusting her nose forward for grooming. Dolly has groomed her several times and they are both munching hay together. I'm back inside now but have a window that opens into their run and that's open so I can hear scuffles :( they are alone all night will they be ok?!

Sorry your girls are troubling you :( Your theory about the noise setting them off sounds perfectly feasible. I don't really know what to suggest & I guess nobody really knows if they'll be ok. i guess keep checking & make a decision to leave them if no further fights. i think that's what I would do. Such complex animals, its so hard to know what to do in situations like this

There has been no further spats and ever time I checked on them they were either munching hay or being two bunny loafs side by side :roll: so just don't know what they were playing about at. All I know is I'm on edge, might leave my bedroom window open as it's above their run.

They sure are complex little monkeys!

Back