• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

I Wish.........................

Jack's-Jane

Wise Old Thumper
.................that I could have said 'Yes' to the suggestion from ARC of me being a 'Permanent Foster Carer' of an Elderly Rabbit they have. I really hate being so incapacitated :cry: I want to help but I am just not able to do so :cry:

Don't feel bad Jane we all have our physical and emotional limits. I have looked after my friends cat for a month and it has been more stressful than I realised, I thought it would be a doddle. He is as good as gold and not interested in the other animals but he always sticks his bottom over the litter tray and late Saturday night threw up all over the duvet cover and by the time I found it, it had soaked through to the mattress protector. Had to throw it all away.

Don't feel bad Jane we all have our physical and emotional limits. I have looked after my friends cat for a month and it has been more stressful than I realised, I thought it would be a doddle. He is as good as gold and not interested in the other animals but he always sticks his bottom over the litter tray and late Saturday night threw up all over the duvet cover and by the time I found it, it had soaked through to the mattress protector. Had to throw it all away.

I dont think I could have coped with that :oops:

Jane, you continue to help so many bunnies by sharing your love and knowledge with us all, don't forget that xxx

Its very frustrating being limited isnt it?

Perhaps you could be a kind aunty and send a few pressies for said rabbit. Thinking about it it is probably the kind of thing that you do anyway.

Yes, it makes me very sad that my two cats and two rabbits are as much as I can cope with, physically and financially. It is extremely difficult to accept our limitations when our hearts are calling out 'yes'.

I've always said that saying no takes much more strength than saying yes when it comes to rescuing. But it has to be done sometimes x

I know what you mean. I'd love to adopt a few more rabbits but realistically I know I'm not up to caring for more than two - not while giving them all the attention they deserve.

It's hard learning to live with limitations. But if they can't be changed I think it's better to accept them rather than mourning what you "should" be able to do. I'm not terribly good at taking my own advice though!

And like Glingle says, you're helping so many rabbits here with your knowledge and advice, and that's worth a lot.

I'm sorry Jane...I very much understand where you're coming from. A part of me would love to foster or adopt more wee dogs like Jenna, after the bunnies and kitties have left for the bridge, but I know I don't have the resources...financially, physically or mentally to bring more home. I don't even want to get started on the emotional toll. :cry:

You seem like you could use a ((((((((((((((((((((((((BIG HUG)))))))))))))))))))))))))))). I agree with other posts here that you have done so very much for bunnies in your lifetime. So many lives have benefited from your kindness and love. :) xxxxxxx

Back