• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

One of the Rescue Pigs ( my favourite but don't tell others! )

honeybunny

Wise Old Thumper
his shows piggie Duster eating. This is quite remarkable as you can see the other sows with her are huddled in the corner even though food is out and they are hungry.
All the pigs that came out of that place were terrified. This group of sows were some of the last out.
Duster was/is so thin that her hunger was greater than her fear so even on the first day she ate out of my hand. She has not stopped eating and has already gained weight . She looks to have a round tum so is probably pregnant.
In the pic you can see cage door open and I am sat by it..the other sows wouldn't move from corner while I was near :(

What would have been her life expectancy if left there? :cry:

She now also wheeks for food and has stolen a little bit of my heart :love:

The food looks sloppy as some of the pigges are too scared to use the water bottles..so I am soaking the food for first few days for all of them so they get enough liquid..and the cage is just temp by the way!

and for those wanting to help we have a few items for sale in the sale Section

Aww she (and the others!) must think they're in heaven now! She probably hasn't seen so much good food in one spot in her life, much less not have to fight for it!

I've been following the guinea pig journey since the beginning and love seeing the pics! :love:

It's very easy to understand how Duster has "stolen a piece of your heart". She is heart-wrenchingly gorgeous. Sorry, I am new to the forum and therefore do not know the correct protocol, but how does one give donations for rescues such as this? I would like to help in a small way.

Last edited:
Awe bless her :love: she is so pretty too :D

With all the great work you did getting them out no body would dare comment on cage size :shock:

I'm sure everyone knows that for sure :thumb:

Awe bless her :love: she is so pretty too :D

With all the great work you did getting them out no body would dare comment on cage size :shock:

I'm sure everyone knows that for sure :thumb:

This! Clean, warm and cosy - What more could they ask for? Also, the smaller cage will help them build up confidence much more than a huge space! She is lovely, they all are x

That set up is pure heaven for these poor beauties. Bless them I'm sure they will come round and see they are safe at last very soon.

It's very easy to understand how Duster has "stolen a piece of your heart". She is heart-wrenchingly gorgeous. Sorry, I am new to the forum and therefore do not know the correct protocol, but how does one give donations for rescues such as this? I would like to help in a small way.

if you message me i can tell you how..or look in the items for sale section on this link as buying some of these things helps as the money goes to us :) ( and you get sonething nice !)
http://forums.rabbitrehome.org.uk/showthread.php?450475-Items-to-help-the-Rescue-Piggies

Aww bless them being too scared to eat. This story has really touched me.

There must be millions of similar sad cases like this ... so glad you were called in and were able to keep the lady's trust. Phew. Heart wrenching stuff.

Back