• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Monty's thread

hrl20100

Young Bun
I got Monty on Tuesday the 3rd of November 2015, when he was a year old.

I wasn't actually looking to get another rabbit, I was just browsing on pets4homes like I normally do, when I came across him. He was my dream rabbit. A sooty fawn mini lop buck and he looked beautiful. I messaged the owner asking if he was still available, and he was.
Me and my boyfriend went to visit him on the Thursday before and I just fell in love. He was so cuddly!

He was kept in awful conditions: a 3ft hutch with no partition in the cage to separate an area for sleeping. He was outside with no visible cover to the cage to protect him from the wind and rain. I could see that he had no hay and desperately needed fresh water, the bottle was empty and bright green from algae. He has some sniffles and sneezes and a very slight weepy eye, so he will be going to the vets. But despite all of this, he is a lovely little bun!

At the moment he is housed in my room in a 120cm cage with enrichment and access to my room most of the time when i'm home. I know its not ideal, but its 100% better than what he was housed in originally and this is only temporary. Eventually he will have a 6ft hutch with a run attached to it, he will be neutered and vaccinated and hopefully have a friend in the future (hoping that I can bond him and my other male mini lop together, fingers crossed!) But he is so so happy!

When I went to see him, he was just sat at the front of the hutch looking miserable (I don't blame him) and now he's running around, interacting with me and everyone that comes to see him and playing with his toys (when he goes in his cage) when he's running around, all he does is binky! Its adorable! He has a thing about flopping too!

1zp1qtg.jpg

bfma1z.jpg

2lw2fs7.jpg

2z5ip0o.jpg

2zrnfd3.jpg

8wd4pu.jpg

3bifa.jpg

This thread will be updated regularly with photos and news :)

Oh bless him, he's just so gorgeous. Good on you for giving him a loving home, sounds like he's really got his paws under the table already !

Monty has finally understood that he can actually hop out of his cage when I open the door! Yesterday he sat in the cage for 3 hours with the door open, not realising that he could get out himself. Normally I pick him up and put him on the floor (I did yesterday after 3 hours of waiting), but today he actually hopped out himself!
He's been out since 9 this morning and is loving it :')

330wiv6.jpg

2jg8db7.jpg

2u90fwp.jpg

My special little boy :')
He's getting so brave and comfortable around me now. Everytime I open the cage door he tries to hop out!

Back