• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Looking for a Mini Lop...

BunnyMania

Young Bun
I was wondering if anyone on here could help me.

I've been looking into getting another rabbit for a couple of months, and since getting Belle last year it's been in the back of my mind. Belle is spayed, and lives indoors in a puppy pen. When I'm home (often, being a student) she also gets free roam of a bunny proof room and I often take her into my room as well as walks in the garden. This is also what the new rabbit will get when bonded, and of course they will also have a good amount of space before.

So far I haven't been able to find a Mini Lop needing a home local to me, as there aren't any in rescues or privately needing re-homing (that I've found), and of course I want to re-home a rabbit instead of going to a breeder.

If anyone knows of a Mini Lop needing a new home around Cardiff, South Wales, please let me know :)

Hiya!!!

Its lovely to see you're looking for a companion for your wee bunny..

Although there are no local rescues... Often bunny runs can be arranged to get a wee bunny a home from one end of the country to the other,,

Dont let distance put you off, where theres a will, theres a way... Xx

Maybe worth contacting Alice at Windwhistle Warren to see if she can help. The rescue is based near Gloucester, but will rehome nationally and I don't think their website is always up to date in showing what rabbits are available.

Thank you - unfortunately none of the rescues on that list have Mini Lops, one of them which I think does I don't trust anyway.

I did find a rescue with a couple of Mini Lops but they were around three hours away which is too far for both them and me.

I've also tried local RSPCAs with no luck.

Hi, I have a lop looking for a new home under very sad circumstances. I'm not sure if she is a mini lop though.
She has always been an outdoor bun, and lived until today with another female bun. Sadly I lost her today and so now Daisy is on her own. I am so worried about her being on her own outdoors in the winter - let alone being alone full stop. I'm not in a position to rescue another bun so I;m left in some what of a predicament of what to do for the best. I will not rehome her to just anyone - so I know it'll be a struggle,
If you are interested please let me know - she is only 4 years old. :(

Thought I would ad that this is what I have to offer a bunny. Can't see Belle here as she blends in behind the hay rack! The pen also has a panel open so there is a nice bit of free roam space. I am working on getting more 'furniture' to make it a little more fun as well.

4e0e41d74ceb46899a35e71f0ab4553b.jpg

Sent from my 6045Y using Tapatalk

Would you consider another breed of rabbit?? Sometimes it's worth going to a rescue to see the buns as you never know who you will fall in love with x x

I hope you find a new friend too x x

Would you consider another breed of rabbit?? Sometimes it's worth going to a rescue to see the buns as you never know who you will fall in love with x x
I hope you find a new friend too x x

I#d prefer a Mini Lop, so would the family. I don't mind if it's crossed with another breed, but I can't get a bunny bigger than Belle (who's a Mini Lop), and I love lop eared rabbits. Not to say I don't love any others but I'd really prefer a Mini Lop! I can't get a larger rabbit due to the family, as I live at home and so they only want a smaller breed rabbit in the house.

I would go to look at a rescue but there aren't any locally and I don't drive anyway. The most local is an RSPCA which is about 30/40 minutes away and they only have larger rabbits, I've not yet seen small breeds there while keeping an eye on their page (I've also messaged them a few times which I'm sure they are sick of!).

I#d prefer a Mini Lop, so would the family. I don't mind if it's crossed with another breed, but I can't get a bunny bigger than Belle (who's a Mini Lop), and I love lop eared rabbits. Not to say I don't love any others but I'd really prefer a Mini Lop! I can't get a larger rabbit due to the family, as I live at home and so they only want a smaller breed rabbit in the house.

I would go to look at a rescue but there aren't any locally and I don't drive anyway. The most local is an RSPCA which is about 30/40 minutes away and they only have larger rabbits, I've not yet seen small breeds there while keeping an eye on their page (I've also messaged them a few times which I'm sure they are sick of!).

I understand, regarding your rspca have you asked or checked whether they have any with foster carers at the moment, I know our local one uses foster carers

I understand, regarding your rspca have you asked or checked whether they have any with foster carers at the moment, I know our local one uses foster carers

I've asked them about the rabbits they have and they are all larger rabbits, that's all I really know, or they are younger ones so they don't know how big they will be when they are older. I'm not sure about foster carers though, but either way they don't have bunnies I'm able to take on at the moment (and most of them are also already paired up, I forgot to add!).

Back