• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Loads of fireworks tonight... and bunnies Bunbuns and Fluffy chillaxed instead

FredW

Alpha Buck
Loads of fireworks were going off this evening here... same as in most places no doubt... but Bunbuns and Fluffy really didn't seemed bothered.
Here they are, Fluffy just brought his hay cookie up and Bunbuns is nicely stretched out on the shelf.

BunbunsAndFluffyDuringFireworks.jpg

even the big ones didn't bother them. This was Fluffy's first firework, well he would have been about a months or two last year around the time... so I am really proud of him.
by the way... Fluffy is only looking up as he saw me coming with the camera. I was more of a nuisance than the fireworks :lol:

I'm glad they are doing well. Our rabbit lived in a house with six squealing children and seven dogs, and she never got afraid of anything. She was so incredible. : )

We had loads here too last night, the first lot sounded incredibly close as if they were just outside in our own garden (must have been a close neighbour) they were really loud and lasted a while, the rabbits took cover in their cardboard box but after their initial fright they weren't too bothered.

They're lovely :love: Amy isn't bothered either; I think my mum startles her more when she moves about sometimes!

They do look very contented. I love love love their enclosure. I remember seeing it on previous threads. Cant see it too much though. Wonderful. So are they.

Yeah I was so happy that Fluffy wasn't bothered. He is such a good boy anyway, and Bunbuns never seems bothered about anything much. So I was happy. :)
thanks tulsi, I am still in love with the enclosure too. Even though they are only in there when I call it a night for the day, they go in it and settle down, so I think they are happy to have some quiet alone time. And as soon as I get up, the door is open and they play all day, well if not sleeping that is. :) but yeah, still happy, and so nice to keep clean. Each saturay, I hoover it all out, clean the toilet area out with some vinegar, and that's it. then daily a quick sweep with dustpan and brush and all good to go. :)

Their home looks amazing. What sort is bunbuns. We had one just like him but nobody could tell me the type - we narrowed it down to a himmy or setting similar. Beautiful babies. Xx

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Thanks, yeah i am really happy with their home. fluffy, the white one is a Himalayan :) though Californians are very simular. But bigger x

Sent from my KFAPWI using Tapatalk

Thank you. I adored Harvey he really knew how to make the family feel loved and wanted. Such an adorable breed. hunted for another one when Harvey sadly passed away but couldn't find one. Ended up with two mini lop sisters who are lovely and are spoilt and loved. But they are in no way my H. Suppose if they didn't have their own personalities they'd not be so loveable. My girls are very independent and entertain each other (the joys of having two). Harvey wouldn't accept another bunny, try as we did. Think he thought himself as human - the size of a small one! X

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Yeah Himalayans are quite well known for their gentle nature, and I agree, Fluffy certainly is a gentle soul. When we got him from the rescue he really was always so scared of our hands, so no idea what happened to him before. Not that we tried to stroke him when he didn't want to, but even to pick him up to do a health check, take him to the vet etc, he seemed so scared. Now he comes for his cuddles and really loves them. No idea how some people must treat their bunnies for them to be so scared of human contact. But yeah, he is such a sweet gentle soul, LOVE him so much. Bunbuns our Dutch doe is very different. She was very people orientated right away. loved cuddles etc. and she is so full of mischief it's unbelievable lol
Glad your two girls are spoiled now, bunnies deserve to be spoiled rotten x

Back