• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Introducing Darcy

anachronism

Young Bun
When I got Dylan I was originally going to keep him as an only housebun. But I worried about him getting lonely so I got a girl. He still needs to wait to meet her until 8 weeks after his neuter but this gives me time to change them over to the same food, get her used to the veggies we have here and so on. I may wait until shes spayed I haven't fully decided yet.

Ever since I saw my first lionhead I have found them beautiful and now I have one :love: I don't think I am biased in saying she is utterly gorgeous

12191341_10153141297476771_9159530420874105533_o.jpg

1503470_10153141297486771_9220863873041779228_n.jpg

12208544_10153141297431771_8818925127671445156_n.jpg

12208379_10153141297401771_3608714733709522318_n.jpg

Thank you all :D I am smitten with her, I hope Dylan will be when it's time to bond them. She was nibbling my fingers earlier shes so sweet

Oh my - isnt she beautiful! Thats so kind that you saw how lonely he would be and got him a friend....they def do get lonely without another bunny. Personally I would get her spayed if she is old enough and weighs enough...but only with a rabbit savvy vet as spays are invasive. I would also do this before as she would have time to recover and be hormone free when she meets her man.

If she is not big enough (weight) or old enough then you could introduce and then do it when she is ready....but then they would both go in so the bond would no be broken even though he isnt having any op done...usually rabbit savvy vets are fine with this..they would not actually be together after her op but near each other so they would smell each other and then when they came home they would also smell the same which would help not break the bond.

Good luck - she is ever so pretty!

As an avid lion head lover - she is flippin GORGEOUS !!!! :love::love::love:

My wee lion head Harley is a right little madam and doesn't like being touched at all by humans - but its sounds like your little girl is an absolute sweetheart.

She went for her jabs today, they want to wait until she is 6 months to spay her although if she starts being very moody they may do it at 5 months.
So around Febuary time. I'm still not sure whether to wait til then or bond sooner as he would be okay to meet her at the beginning of next month. I am quite nervous about bonding but I'm sure if taken slowly it will be fine :)

Her personality seems to be emerging, she is very sweet. I want to give her a run around later, been trying not to do anything to stress her. Yesterday I was offering her a few extra pellets as a treat and she nipped my hand! But then she started nipping my fingers gently and i'm sure she licked one. Was she trying to groom me? <3

Fellie, your pair are very much like mine... a lop and a lionhead :D though i'm waiting to see what Darcy's ears decide to do haha

Thank you for advice and kind comments

Back