• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Thinking of 're-homing Belle and Hamish I'm still unwell :(

mokwa32

Alpha Buck
It's been 3 months and I have never regained my old self since the vertigo started. They thought Labyrinthitis, even though I am a lot better I still have vertigo which they think is now BPPV, so I'm going for the Epleys rehabilitation on Monday. It's the anxiety every day, I'm worried I'm getting depressed and its the fear of being trapped in the foggy dream that I am so scared of with loud thoughts and confusion. Good days and bad days but I'm never out of the bit. Trying mindfulness meditation to try and help myself. On propanolol most days and I just want to cry. I don't even know for sure if I can finish my final year at college. I feel like I have lost myself.

I will keep Ted and Pony I think, they are small easy and with Ted's health so delicate. But Belle, I can't keep on top of her hutch and and Hamish too. They are more free spirited. It's just too much and I don't know if I will ever recover :( I'm fed up, I'm 34 with two little kids and I used to be so active full of energy and happy, loving life, and now I don't know what a day will bring :(

I don't know what to do, or even if there is a great home out there for my bunnies :(

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

I am really really sorry to hear this sad news. Just when you had got yourselves a better house etc, this is so sad.

It's been 3 months and I have never regained my old self since the vertigo started. They thought Labyrinthitis, even though I am a lot better I still have vertigo which they think is now BPPV, so I'm going for the Epleys rehabilitation on Monday. It's the anxiety every day, I'm worried I'm getting depressed and its the fear of being trapped in the foggy dream that I am so scared of with loud thoughts and confusion. Good days and bad days but I'm never out of the bit. Trying mindfulness meditation to try and help myself. On propanolol most days and I just want to cry. I don't even know for sure if I can finish my final year at college. I feel like I have lost myself.

I will keep Ted and Pony I think, they are small easy and with Ted's health so delicate. But Belle, I can't keep on top of her hutch and and Hamish too. They are more free spirited. It's just too much and I don't know if I will ever recover :( I'm fed up, I'm 34 with two little kids and I used to be so active full of energy and happy, loving life, and now I don't know what a day will bring :(

I don't know what to do, or even if there is a great home out there for my bunnies :(

I am really sorry to hear that you are still so unwell. I think you are being very selfless in considering rehoming two of your Rabbits. I am sure it is not something you would do without much soul searching. I too have had to face a similar prospect and it nearly tore me apart.

Perhaps you could get in touch with a local Rescue and discuss your specific situation. You may want to oversee rehoming them yourself though, I know I would.

In the meantime is there anyone who could help out with the day to day Rabbit care in a practical way ? Having a longterm illness can be very isolating and everything can suddenly start to feel unmanageable. My one bit of advice is try to enlist support from someone you trust, sometimes an 'outsider' can put a different take on things and see options that we had not considered. That can help reduce our extreme anxiety about things.

I'm so sorry about your ongoing health issues. That's so worrying and debilitating for you :cry:

I think you should do what's best for you and your family, and if that's finding Belle and Hamish a new home, then that must be it ... I really hope you manage to resolve things and feel better xx

I really feel for you. Anxiety and illness are very debilitating.

I have recently rehomed some of my pets for similar reasons. Jane has given very good advice.

I am on the list for cbt which i am hoping will help. Would that be something that could be useful for you?

I really feel for you. Anxiety and illness are very debilitating.

I have recently rehomed some of my pets for similar reasons. Jane has given very good advice.

I am on the list for cbt which i am hoping will help. Would that be something that could be useful for you?
Hi Tulsi,

Yes therapy can do wonders, I'm actually in my 3rd and final year of Person-Centred counselling and psychotherapy, ironic really. I'd love therapy myself but that would be costly as Person-Centred therapy isn't readily available on NHS.

I'm so sorry about your ongoing health issues. That's so worrying and debilitating for you :cry:

I think you should do what's best for you and your family, and if that's finding Belle and Hamish a new home, then that must be it ... I really hope you manage to resolve things and feel better xx
I'm not sure I could go through with it, it's a though just now, I'm going to see if the Epley menovar helps first.

I do have my husband James and he has been cleaning out bunnies. It's just the responsibility of it all when I feel rubbish most days. I thought I was doing well then a 2 week cold brought me back down. I think the anxiety fear makes me feel worse. But I have meds so I should just take them.

I am really sorry to hear that you are still so unwell. I think you are being very selfless in considering rehoming two of your Rabbits. I am sure it is not something you would do without much soul searching. I too have had to face a similar prospect and it nearly tore me apart.

Perhaps you could get in touch with a local Rescue and discuss your specific situation. You may want to oversee rehoming them yourself though, I know I would.

In the meantime is there anyone who could help out with the day to day Rabbit care in a practical way ? Having a longterm illness can be very isolating and everything can suddenly start to feel unmanageable. My one bit of advice is try to enlist support from someone you trust, sometimes an 'outsider' can put a different take on things and see options that we had not considered. That can help reduce our extreme anxiety about things.
Hi Jane,

I may phone my vet, as he is bunny mad and he may have advice. I don't think I could actually do it, the process of finding them homes would be hard enough. And the buns are therapeutic to have too. Sometimes I just feel overwhelmed with it all. The moves, Binx and Thumpy dying, Teddy being unwell and then my own unwellness. I won't make any rash decisions just now. I'm just utterly fed up.

My heart goes out to you - it wasn't my health that meant I had to rehome Bee but housing circumstances did and whilst it was the toughest thing ever I found a wonderful lady who took him on and keeps me updated and he is so happy there. I hope if you need to rehome Belle and Hamish that you are able to find a wonderful home for them and please remember it is a selfless act because you are putting their needs above yours. Really hope you get better soon. I don't post much anymore since no longer having bee but wanted to send vibes as I know how hard a decision it is x

My heart goes out to you - it wasn't my health that meant I had to rehome Bee but housing circumstances did and whilst it was the toughest thing ever I found a wonderful lady who took him on and keeps me updated and he is so happy there. I hope if you need to rehome Belle and Hamish that you are able to find a wonderful home for them and please remember it is a selfless act because you are putting their needs above yours. Really hope you get better soon. I don't post much anymore since no longer having bee but wanted to send vibes as I know how hard a decision it is x
Thank you BeeBee [emoji813]

If my rehabilitation works it might change my thoughts but I want the best for Hamish and Belle and if I can't give them that, not just a clean hutch but attention too, then I will do the right thing by them both.

Gosh, the lady, my friend who gave me Hamish is so understanding and has offered to take him back, she said she has missed him and is in a good place herself. What a relief. I will miss him so much but I'm glad it's him original bunny mum taking him back. And he has a new hutch and everything I got him. There was no question of her love and dedication for him, she was just having a difficult time. I'm relieved [emoji813]

I am sorry you are so unwell, I hope things start to get better for you soon. Also glad that the lady can take Hamish back, must be a massive relief for you that he is going to a loving home xx

Gosh, the lady, my friend who gave me Hamish is so understanding and has offered to take him back, she said she has missed him and is in a good place herself. What a relief. I will miss him so much but I'm glad it's him original bunny mum taking him back. And he has a new hutch and everything I got him. There was no question of her love and dedication for him, she was just having a difficult time. I'm relieved [emoji813]

What a good outcome. It must make it easier knowing how much he will be loved. Hope you feel stronger soon.

Last edited:

All's well that ends well :thumb: I hope things improve for you too x

I am so sorry you're feeling so unwell and sending you very best wishes for Monday. I hope also that you can sort the situation out with your rabbits in a way that you feel completely happy with.

I had a nice email from a man who I have messaged back. He said he lost his bunny and was looking for another bun. He said she had free range in the secure back garden, a purpose built hutch and run and even an underground Warren. He has losts of animals and 7 dogs, chickens, a cat and no kids just him and his wife. Sounds promising. I still can't believe I'm doing this. I would never 're-home a pet, part of the family. But if I find her a lovely country home it will make me feel better.

Please, please make sure that it is all that it sounds; especially with the free-ranging and the dogs.

Hello, I've been following your posts for a while now and am really rooting for you. You have had such a rubbish year. I think your problems go back to poor Binx, please forgive me for mentioning it. if I could, I would give you the biggest hug. You are such a kind person and you have always got us on the forum.

Hello, I've been following your posts for a while now and am really rooting for you. You have had such a rubbish year. I think your problems go back to poor Binx, please forgive me for mentioning it. if I could, I would give you the biggest hug. You are such a kind person and you have always got us on the forum.

I agree. Maybe give yourself some more time before doing anything rash - I know we don't know you but I would worry about a rabbit living with 7 dogs. NI don't think anyone could love their rabbits more than you, and because of this we are very vulnerable and get very hurt and upset.

I decided against letting Belle go. I just couldnt do it and I couldn't be sure she would be safe as you say with all those dogs it's just not adding up. Plus I don't think after talking to the lady on the phone she knows anything about bonding and was talking about getting another female rabbit to bond to belle so I wasn't happy so we are keeping her. I'm feeling loads better now also and belle is no bother really she is an independent girl. But I just couldn't let her go after what we have all been through more so what she has been through. And she is my only connection to Binx. So I'm glad we are keeping her. 😊

Back