• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

The Large Guinea Rescue BABY PICS PT 43!

honeybunny

Wise Old Thumper
We took out the last of the guinea pigs yesterday
So now I can post some of the info.
There were times I wanted to hit the woman but had to be polite to ensure we could get all out. We also thought about reporting her to the RSPCA but decided against this as the court case would be long, costly, some of the pigs wouldn't live to the end of it and the woman would not accept she had done anything wrong so all in all would have been a waste of time and resources. Getting the pigs out was our priority.
She had a total of 188 guineas. 1 died on site and sadly we had to have 2 put to sleep, I thought we would lose more as many were very poorly.
That means 185 little lives were saved along with all the babies born and yet to be born..so far we have had 43 !
Here are some of the hutches..we think the hay and food were added just before we arrived as many of the pigs were very thin so hadn't had much food..the hay is on top of lots of thick poo and urine and just look at the water bottles

This hutch is where approx 20 boars were living..not sorted before we arrived :( they were underfed and living within sight and sound of sows so fighting with each other

Many of the pigs aswell as being thin had wounds from fighting and fungal infections..Most sows were pregnant

Sunbird on arrival

and her neck

Athena arrived thin, wounded and gave birth the night she came in

this is Suzuki's rear..she has also given birth since arriving

many had open wounds

Little Chevette
This poor little girl was one of the saddest. When the lady grabbed her out of the filthy hutch Chevette had blood all over her head. Her left eye was missing and she was terribly underweight.
She was one of the less dominant sows who obviously couldn't fight for the food and ended up starving and bullied.
Despite vet treatement we had to have her put to sleep after 3 days as her body just couldn't cope with the infection and her head was rotting. Her foster mum, Ange, was naturally so upset and angry

Vista, again you can see the state of her skin..she was raw and bleeding on her rump. this pic shows her skin improved as was after a few days here and treament with Sudocrem

Look how thin Puma was despite being pregnant. When the woman said " I love my guineas" it was hard to either believe her or to keep calm. Puma has since given birth to 2 babies

The good thing for thse pigs is they are now clean, well fed and safe. The poor sows would have been pestered by boars continually even just after giving birth as the woman kept them in constantly mixed sexes. Imagine having to fight for food and fight off boars whilst giving birth :( The ones that have given birth here have no longer had that and never will again
The total number of guineas that we, Honeybunnies, took in from the large rescue was 85..and so far we've had 43 babies born.

We would like to thank the other rescues who helped by taking some of these animals and enabled us to rescue them all

Camp Nibble took 3 boars
RSPCA Walsall took several lots
Tiny Paws Rescue too several lots
Animals in need Maxicare took a number
and Mary Dunbar took 6 pregnant sows
Many other people have helped by donating supplies, fostering and transporting
We will have lots of pigs looking for loving homes very soon

Last edited:
I don't think I've ever seen such awful piggy photos as these, to be honest. It's amazing that you have been able to save so many. Fantastic work all round.

Very well done for achieving so very much under dire circumstances. A truly remarkable achievement to rescue so many desperate piggies!

These poor,poor piggies. It is very hard to comprehend how ANY person with any respect for animals can let this situation occur. Well done for rescuing them all from such horrendous living situations. It is very upsetting to know how they all, but especially the female piggies, must have been suffering. Well done also for keeping your temper - it must have been very difficult but of course necessary. Let's hope they all end up being cherished in fantastic new homes.

Heartbreaking photos, poor little piggies. Let's hope they all find their own loving and forever homes. Bless you all for the wonderful rescue xxxx

Pray that you'll find homes for them once they get well and that they all stay well, 185! thats nearly 200! so many, makes you wonder why some people keep pets when they obviously can't care for them properly. If she 'loved' the guinea pigs as the women said she should have given them to a rescue seeing as she couldn't keep them herself. Thats what love is, to love an animal is to provide what is best for them. Those conditions were definitely not what was best.

Absolutely heartbreaking photos. What a life they had ... :cry:

You have achieved amazing things for those little lives

Good grief that is appalling! They are so lucky that you managed to rescue them Jill. You did a brilliant job to do so. Hope you are successful in finding good forever homes for them soon. Best wishes. :thumb:

How you and any others who had direct contact with the previous owner managed not to commit murder I dont know. I am at a loss as to how anyone could think that animals kept in such dire conditions was acceptable. OK, if some horrific personal tragedy occurred and care of the GPs was unmanageable and helped requested that is somewhat different. But to actually continue to believe that they have done nothing wrong is, IMO, unforgivable. There is no excuse.

Sorry to go off on a bit of a rant there ^^^^ :oops:

Thanks to everyone involved in helping the Rescue so many little lives have been saved.

So pleased you were able to get all the piggies out and hope the woman doesn't get any more. I hope they all get over their horrible lives and get to go to loving homes where they will hopefully be able to forget their past. Well done!

WOW....JUST WOW!!

HOw on eARTH can people say.. I love them.. But kept them in such horrific states, didn't care for them or actually show ANY sort of love towards them... I hope Karma visits quickly at this persons door.

WELL done and HUGE thumbs up to all those involved in saving so many little lifes, I hope they all heal quickly, though mental scarring will probably stay longer, but I hope they all find the loving homes they deserve to see out the rest of their years

It's easy to judge people when you're not in possession of all the facts.

I am just immensely relieved that someone as compassionate and experienced as Jill stepped in to save these little ones from further suffering.

Amazing work, Jill! Truly well done, you should be so incredibly proud of yourselves. Beautiful pigs, with a wonderful future ahead of them :love:

"I think the "owner" should be shot. Cretin. " Personally I don't think it is acceptable to use insults involving a disability.

It makes me cry to see the conditions these poor little guineas were living in. I just wish I could do more to help. Everyone involved with the rescue, transport, fostering etc are doing an amazing job

Back