• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Best Rabbit Savvy Vet in Leeds

KatieMax

Warren Scout
Hello,

So I'm registered with Beechwood Vets in Chapel Allerton, and I have been going there with my cat for about 3 years now. I got my rabbit spayed there on Monday, and vaccinated on Tuesday, and everything has been going great, but apparently it wasn't the right thing for them to have vaccinated so soon after her operation, so now I'm wondering whether they are the best vets to go to now that I have a rabbit.

I live in Cookridge, so if anyone can recommend their vets or suggest someone? That would be amazing. Thank you so much, I'm just so worried that I've done something wrong by taking Ruby to the wrong vets or something.

Katie you've done absolutely nothing wrong by taking your bunny to the vets you went to, please don't think that. Like you , I do think their vaccinating so soon after her spay & refusing pain meds means its worth finding a vet more bunny savvy in case she ever gets poorly. I take mine to Crab Lane Vets in Harrogate. Its a 45 drive (or day on public transport if OH unavailable) but well worth it. The bunny vets there have worked alongside / been shown the ropes by Frances Harcourt-Brown . There has been staff change about since my bunnies last needed treatment but I have it on good report Heather is bril

I'm adopting a rabbit from Camp Nibble to keep Ruby company, so that would probably be a good idea :D I might give them a call in the morning and see what they suggest re Ruby's vaccination. It's really annoying I need to pay for it again, I wish I'd known before hand.

Vote for Holly House from me too. I took all my buns there when I lived in Leeds and always had brilliant service from them.

I don't know if it's a good idea to have Ruby vaccinated again. You will need to let the new Vet know what has happened. I mean she may be fine and the vaccination may be ok, it's just that there is a doubt according to what I have read on here. Maybe your new vet can reassure you.

I go to Beechwood and am very happy there. I would say that if you were not happy with a particular vet then perhaps it would be best not to see that one again. Do you know who you saw?

I trust Neil (he is one of the partners) with all my bunnies and small furries! If you have any concerns regarding your visits then please let them know. It would be helpful for future clients if errors were picked up and fixed!

I do hope that you find a lovely new friend for your little girl.

It was the american lady, I don't know her name. I might call them tomorrow and tell them I'm concerned about how they handled Ruby. I doubt it'll make much of a difference though.

I think that is a really good idea. If no ones says anything then they cant fix it, if they don't do anything about it then I agree that you should leave. A good practice should try and resolve any issues and concerns you have. If you do need to re vaccinate then you could ask for them to do it free of charge as it was their error.

You could ask who you saw, so that you know for future reference. I think I know who you saw, but I would definitely recommend Neil if you do continue to take her there.

I usually have a bottle of metacam (pain relief) at home due to various on going illnesses so I am not sure what the others vets do after neutering.

Please let us know what they say.

x

I think it's Neil I normally see when I take my cat in. If it is him, he's brilliant.

I'll call them tomorrow and see what they say

It will be! He is the main male vet there and has been for many years. I have been going there for nearly 20 years (oh my god!!) and I usually see him if he is consulting.

Good luck!

Camp Nibble use Holly House so I would definitely take that as a recommendation:

http://www.campnibble.com/vets.html

Hi Katie :wave:

Yes, Sarah Brown at Holly House would be a really good local recommendation for you :D

I don't think you need to worry about the effectiveness of Ruby's vaccine being close to her spay. I really doubt you will be advised that she needs to be re-vaccinated so please try not to worry.

Looking forwards to meeting you and Ruby soon :D

Back