• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Rabbits and Fireworks ??

Mine never worry about them but are you having some in your garden as that might make a difference?

No we are not having any in our garden. Theres a display over at the school tomorrow which is literally across the road from us?? Also we normally have a few house displays around our way. There was some last night just over the back from us .. they didn't seem that bothered as I did go to check on them.

All my rabbits have been fine whether indoors or out thankfully. I used to put a blanket round their crate though so they had somewhere dark to go to hide and gave them some extra toys like treat balls.

Flo is ok with them, but I do use pet remedy spray just to keep her chill :thumb:
edit: she's an outside rabbit

My two bridge buns were house rabbits and they weren't fussed in the least ,even with loud bangs nearby.I just drew the curtains and had the tv on,they dozed on the floor in the living room anyway,they slept in the bedroom but I was a not and early bedder so they hung about with me 'till late anyway.

My buns don't bother about fireworks. Our houses and gardens are very close together. The town where I live have idiots letting off fireworks all year round. A couple of times a year there are professional displays. Really p****s me off. I think our gardens are too small. Last November we had a rocket floating in our pond the next morning. Could have come from anywhere. B. Lunatics. When our kids were small we took them to professional displays and would come home after and have sausages and jacket potatoes for supper.

We've put a blanket around Clover & Cuddles' hutches as some of the fireworks near us are bloomin loud!
However, the buns don't seem to mind the noise!

Sent from my Lenovo A7600-F using Tapatalk

I remember the year I rushed outside to check if the buns were okay, only to find them sitting out in a line watching them... :roll:

I suspect we bunny minders are more often in a flap than our buns.The first year I had mine I was so worried about fireworks night etc.They didn't bat an eye.:)

I remember the year I rushed outside to check if the buns were okay, only to find them sitting out in a line watching them... :roll:

Yeh Stu and Casserole are in the covered run/hutch and Pie is sitting out watching them too :lol: she is possibly the most fearless rabbit in the world but then i think it goes with the Nethie Breed :lol:

d45ae27f0d56120c0043df044e5bb793.jpg

Petra is more interested in whether the crisp packet is empty or not!! Our curtains are wide open and she's not bothered.

84e8510e64e77bc095c82477791e367c.jpg

Toby on the other hand appears to be climbing a wall...!!

My little girl is chilled out too, sat on the sofa with daddy whilst I have to sit on the floor.. Standard night in our house, Lol!

:lol: loving Toby xx

I bought all of mine inside as someone was setting off fireworks really nearby and they were the really really loud ones. Two of the buns are less than a year old so it's their first firework night so thought I'd best keep an eye on them. I think it was a bit unnecessary though as they all seem fine! I did spray their blankets a little with rescue remedy but I don't think that really affected them. I think I've been getting more jumpy when the fireworks go off than the buns have been!

This is Poppy's first firework night and although shes an indoor bun we stayed home to make sure her and Red our dog were ok.
I shut the window and the curtains and put the radio on (classical fm) in her room and i keep going to check on her and tbh she seems fine. Possibly just a little cuddlier than usually (we call this being a fussy bunny lol).
The dog on the other hand was no impressed, not scared but not really happy either!

When my buns were young I was so worried they would be scared of loud bangs, so I put a radio on in their shed with soothing music. They were so frightened of the radio they shot out through the cat flap and stayed outside. I haven't bothered trying to keep them in since!

Thankfully my two guys have been fine - calm enough to eat and snooze, although they are a tiny bit twitchier than usual. They live indoors though so I think they're more used to unexpected noises than if they lived outside.

Back