• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

tangle teaser

tabithakat64

Mama Doe
So last week I brought myself a tangle teaser as recommended by the hairdresser. Used it on wet hair, dead impressed.
Used it on long haired cat who hates being brushed. Gets loads of hair out and she tolerates it more than anything else we've tried.
Tried it on the bunnies, it was great at brushing through fine lionhead manes.
Tried it on the double maned angora like fluff too and was dead impressed very little pulling and lots of loose hair removed.
It won't go through matts but didn't really expect it too.
Am really impressed with my tangle teaser, anyone else use them?

I've got one, but don't tend to use it much these days. Interesting to hear of it being used on animals!

I'm obsessed with Tangle Teezers, I have a few in various sizes. I love them because I have really thick hair which is a nightmare to manage. Chloe has her own Tangle Teezer too :)

Are those that small brushes that come in the case to hide the bristles??

I LUuURRRRVVVEEe mine, I have very thick and very naturally curly hair, so of course even minutes after a half a bottle of conditioner on it, it's already tangling within itself, also get quite bad split ends, use to dread brushing my hair, but if this is the brush you mean.. Then YES it is a little beaut! The Range & £land do them for a £1 too and are just as good as those that are a bit more..

My daughter has been asking for one of these but she has curly hair. I thought they might make it more of a friz ball. How is best to use it on curly hair?

My 3 year old hated having her hair brushed so we tried a tangle teaser brush and it's absolutely brilliant! :)

Yeah I have a gold one, they are great. I have thought about getting one for the buns to use gently when they are shedding. x

My daughter has been asking for one of these but she has curly hair. I thought they might make it more of a friz ball. How is best to use it on curly hair?

The only way you can ever deal with curly hair is to only comb or brush it when completely wet. Yes, I know this breaks all the 'rules', but these are the curly hair rules instead. :D If you brush (or even comb) curly hair when dry, it declumps the curls and frizzes it.

This is what I bought my Tangle Teaser for, but these days I just use a wide toothed comb, as my hair is curly but not very thick.

Last edited:
I never brush my curly/wavy hair! It doesn't tangle though so all I need is a very occasional finger-comb (like once every couple of weeks). I used to get lots of tangles when I brushed every day!

I never brush my curly/wavy hair! It doesn't tangle though so all I need is a very occasional finger-comb (like once every couple of weeks). I used to get lots of tangles when I brushed every day!

I can get away with that too. I never comb it when it's dry, but I hate finger combing it when it's wet - I just hate the feel of it.

I use a tangle teaser and I have curly hair. I don't have a problem with frizz when using it :mrgreen:
edit: maybe i'll have to try it on Flo's mane!!

I use a tangle teaser and I have curly hair. I don't have a problem with frizz when using it :mrgreen:
edit: maybe i'll have to try it on Flo's mane!!

If I brush or comb mine I just end up with a lot of separate wavy hairs that look like a Brillo pad, then I have to spend hours twisting bits of hair together to get the curls to clump together again.

Back