• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Help please with bunny toilet

Tinkabella

Young Bun
Hi, Belle my house bunny has got the full run of the house until bed time when she goes in her cage. For a while now she has been poop and weeing ino Her toilet fine but recently I have noticed she has started to wee on the floor of the cage, I wondering if it's because she no longer likes to wee on her hay 😳 we have always put her hay in the toilet and she use to happy eat an poop and wee. If she no longer likes to wee on the hay what can we use to put the hey in, the wire racks get more hey on the floor than in the cage and I'm thinking if we do put the hey somewhere else will she start weeing and pooping somewhere else other than the toilet. Sorry if tmi thanks ☺️

Rabbits sometimes do change their toilet habits for unknown reasons (to us). Can you put some newspaper down in the cage to absorb it as I don't think it is anything to do with her litter tray. As long as she confines her wees to the cage I wouldn't worry too much as it is hard for them to keep to one area.

Is it possible to move her litter tray to her new favourite spot?? You could also try giving her a little reminder where her litter tray is by putting the soiled hay in to her litter tray, just a smalll amount of it like you did with training, so she can remember it's there? x

Back