• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

What do you store your hay in?

We're moving flat soon and I just wondered what people store their hay in?
I just wanted something that looks a bit neater. We get the biggest bags from hay for pets so would need to be something fairly large.

Anyone got any ideas? :wave:

I buy bales from a local farm, so a bit big to keep in the house. The bale goes in the shed and I store a couple of weeks' worth in a large recycling bin a bit like this one. http://www.ikea.com/gb/en/catalog/products/10255897/

I have three that stack. One has farm hay, one has "treat" hay and homemade hay, one has dried forage.

It's crazy how much hay two tiny Nethies can get through.

My hay bales are stored outside in an open fronted lean to shed thing. Nice and easy to get to and plenty of air for the hay.

I also have a large plastic box for straw from aldi.

My bales go in the garage and I decant a bit into a single duvet cover to keep in the house fo convenience. When I had to keep it outside I used to have it in a dustbin with a clippy lid.

We keep the big hay for pets bag (well perforated!) in the wardrobe of the spare room, then a few days' worth in a storage box next to his pen xx

Thank you everyone for your replies :) I'll look into some of these ideas.
I think I'm going to try and get a big storage box for the living room and put it in that. They're house bunnies so makes sense to have it near.
We've always kept it just in the bag behind the sofa, but now we're moving to a nicer flat I'd like it to look a bit less messy and cluttered.

Back