• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

tlc's Home for Waifs and Strays

tlcwrites

Mama Doe
First, there was my dearly departed Nessarose. She was an unwanted pet, bred by her ex-owner, and bought principally for kids. She was handed over to me at 3.5 years old because she was "vicious" (aka hormonal). She turned into a lovebug but died of a probable tumour in February this year.

Then there was Ajali, or AJ for short. Ajali is a gorgeous and BIG ginger and white tom cat. He was found wandering around the UEA halls of residence by a friend of a friend, very skinny, neurotic, shy, and needy. He has come out of his shell and he's my big baby.

Now there's Beelzebub, or Beezie, for short. He came yesterday, hence his name. We know he was originally called Diesel, but he's somewhat turned into a neighbourhood stray. He's chosen us for his family.

He'd come and scrounge for food here from time to time. Having four cats makes our house a magnet for him. Whenever he eats round here, he shovels food like it's going to be his last meal. The Iams crunchies actually end up falling out of his mouth as he tries to eat so fast. :cry:

Yesterday, he came in the morning, when I was feeding the buns. He turned up, mewling as he often does so I brought him out a bowl of food. The others were feeding in the kitchen and we didn't want to upset them. I noticed wounds on his leg, large puncture wounds - probably a dog, it's far too big to be another cat. I cleaned them up with salt water and let him go.

But then he came back in the evening. I suggested we keep him in because of fireworks and being a black cat on Hallowe'en can sometimes be a magnet for trouble anywhere. I settled him in the kitchen to eat, whereupon he shovelled food again. Each time I filled another bowl (we weren't letting ANY of the cats out last night) he ran to it. When I emptied one bowl into another to fill it with water, he looked at me as if I was stealing it.

Then I noticed the massive wound on his back.

Back wound

Leg wound - you can see how gentle and tolerant this little lad is here.

We have some metacam left from where Nyssa, our naughty tortie, had a "bland lump" on her hind leg in the summer. As it hasn't been open six months, I've been giving him it as those wounds have GOT to hurt.

He's not being looked after. He needs a home, a proper one. They say cats choose their family and clear off if they can find a better deal elsewhere. Beezie seems to have chosen us, well and true.

He has the most beautiful personality and seems desperate to be loved. Good job we have more than enough to go around. :love:

(Beeze is REALLY HARD to photograph at the moment. He keeps nuzzling the camera and looking for a stroke instead.)

(No joy yet on the Bunny Across the Road but I live in hope. I hope he's doing okay. I'm worried about him still).

Hes lovely:love:Im so glad you took him in.He will be safe and painfree now.He definitely chose you!!!

I read your other thread about the bunny,i hope that his owners see sense and let you take him.

He is currently settling in the bath of all places. He hasn't been outside since this time yesterday and doesn't even seem to want to!

I'm not hopeful for bunny though, but I'm going to keep trying. I might even try "through" their grandson. He comes and plays with my brother sometimes.

Oh bless. He's beautiful. No wonder he wants to stay with you though!! :lol:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Beezie hasn't been out since Saturday night. He's shown no interest in going out and we're not going to force him either. He is such a sweet cat. My boyfriend says the wounds very much resemble a dog attack. How could anyone set their dog on a poor wee creature like him?

The other cats aren't especially happy with him being around just yet, but that's the issue with adding an adult cat with established adults already present. Hopefully they will settle down in time. :)

If you need any advice on settling him in,send me a pm.:)A friend of mine is an animal behaviourist and has helped me so much with this situation.I can give you afew tips if you need them.;)

If you need any advice on settling him in,send me a pm.:)A friend of mine is an animal behaviourist and has helped me so much with this situation.I can give you afew tips if you need them.;)

Thanks for your kind offer! We have settled adults in before (Ajali was a young adult cat when he arrived) and know it is a matter of time. To be honest, it also depends on if Beeze does want to stay here. Apparently he has another "owner" in the area, but he literally hasn't left the house since 4pm Saturday. It's all up in the air. But the future will hold what it holds. :)

Back