• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

IKEA Stacking Cups.....

NewBunnyFan

Warren Scout
The best £1.50 I think I have spent on my rabbits!! I put some carrot under each cup and Saxon had a great time knocking them down and throwing them across the room while looking for his treat!!!
Meanwhile Leo was in his cage digging at the ikea blanket which covers the base.....wonder what other treats I can get from ikea for them!!
c1958d41f87e68c52c43aaf507e52eea.jpg
69e6f33ebad4789f33536145f0aae112.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Meeple and Nemesis love their stacking cups too! I put a couple of pellets under each cup and they pick them up and throw them to get to the food. :)

We're FINALLY getting one in Norwich and it opens tomorrow. I think it's more akin to an Argos as it says "order and collect" but I hope I can go investigate it soon. It's about time East Anglia had one! :p

Aww :love: looks like that's great fun :thumb: the ikea dolls bed is very popular with RUers and their bunnies :thumb:

We have an Ikea bed but they are not that interested in it at the moment!!! Saxon has had great fun with the cups, my youngest son has sat building them up for Saxon to knock for ages!!! I think it's all to childish for Leo though as he disappears when they come out!!!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Great idea. I have forgotton all about my stacking cups. Must dust them down and put bits and bobs in between.

Sounds like they're a hit! Must remember to pick some up on my next visit, I'm sure my kids would have great fun playing with the fur babies and these cups.

Another reason I wish Ikea would open more stores locally lol! I always wanted one of their beds .. Not for me off course lol

Another reason I wish Ikea would open more stores locally lol! I always wanted one of their beds .. Not for me off course lol

As I found out about the Norwich one being "click and collect", I looked at their website. They do home delivery on any item on the catalogue!

And I'm totally keeping an eye on this thread to see what items pop up as being hits with buns. :p

All I could think yesterday while I walked around with hubby is "I wonder if the rabbits would like that" he couldn't believe it when I unwrapped the stacking cups for them.....he thought I had got them for work (I work in a nursery!) oops!!

All I could think yesterday while I walked around with hubby is "I wonder if the rabbits would like that" he couldn't believe it when I unwrapped the stacking cups for them.....he thought I had got them for work (I work in a nursery!) oops!!

I do this too! I'm always assessing items for suitability as bunny toys. ;)

I think enrichment is really important for rabbits (and other pets too). They are intelligent social animals that have to think all the time in the wild and experience new sights and smells and tastes, as well as dealing with a complex social hierarchy. The more we can do to stimulate them the better it is for their mental health.

Of course we all know that stress is a risk factor for stasis, so buying toys and giving your rabbits plenty of things to do could contribute to better physical health as well.

Wild rabbits work hard physically and mentally for their food rather than getting it in a bowl for nothing. That's why my two boys never get "free" pellets - they either roll a treat ball around to get them out, or we play games where I hide them under cups which the rabbit lifts up to get to the food (I use a dish of pinecones with a few pellets in the bottom in a similar way, they have to take the cones out of the dish), or we do clicker training (they are currently doing brilliantly at following a target stick). I like to distribute forage around the room too for them to graze on.

I can definitely tell the difference if we've been busy and given them something easy to do (like scattering pellets over a small area) because they are much more restless and demanding.

HAHA!! OH dear, I just don't think some people understand what these bunnies need lol x

As I found out about the Norwich one being "click and collect", I looked at their website. They do home delivery on any item on the catalogue!

And I'm totally keeping an eye on this thread to see what items pop up as being hits with buns. :p

I think my nearest one is Bluewater area.. Or the other one.. near there :( Booo but I will see if they have some click & collect coming to Kent :D

I think my nearest one is Bluewater area.. Or the other one.. near there :( Booo but I will see if they have some click & collect coming to Kent :D

I should think with the "click and collect" also having a more expensive delivery to your home version, you could just order what you want and have it delivered to your door. ;)

"Delivery to your home. We can also arrange for your order to be delivered directly to your home:

For a parcel delivery, the cost will be £7.50 and as above any product under 25kg, under 150cm in length and up to 100kg, can be delivered by parcel.

For all other large orders, the cost is £35.00 which includes delivery to the room of your choice. "

http://www.ikea.com/gb/en/stores/no...soon.html?icid=itl|gb|gb|201510070950341042_1

oh cool, may have to get some. though there is no local ikea here, so may have to wait till I need some other things and order online :)

I got some in Wilko's for 2 pounds today as don't go to IKEA very often :) Can't see them on the Wilko's website but they were in the kids' toys section :thumb:

Back