• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Rabbits for Adoption - Kent

FireRose

Warren Scout
I've had a look on the rabbit rehome for nearby rabbit rescues, I'm located in Dover, Kent, but willing to travel to North Kent, is there any others apart from the RSPCA ones, Lord whisky (doesn't have any it seems) and TAG what I've been looking at doesn't seem to have many rabbits for adoption, am I missing any other rescue's? x

Do you have a pets at home near you?becuase they've usually got some adoptive rabbit in there just look at the back.��

Hello Firerose.

I am a rescue based in Surrey but am helping with a lady who is trying to rehome her rabbits. She is in Gravesend. They are a neutered and vaccinated brother and sister pair of about 1 year old and live outside. They are gorgeous.

They'd need a big outside safe and secure space. I have a friend who lives in Dover who is going to be rescuing in the near future so if you are interested I could arrange a homecheck once we'd had a chat. Depending on what you are looking for I might be able to help with bunnies from my network of rescue bunny friends or a friend who is in Essex who currently has neutered and vaccinated bunnies for adoption.

if you'd like more information please e-mail me on therabbitcrossing@yahoo.co.uk

Helen

Last edited:
Just had a search on rabbit rehome, it brought up quite a few rabbits nearby :thumb:
http://www.rabbitrehome.org.uk/search.asp?inlocation=Dover+&RabAge=&RabSex=&RabBond=

I've e-mailed that rescue already, just need to give them a phone cause it's a way out Essex, about 2-3 hours drive, I am so far down on the South Coast and everyone else is more inland lol!!! I will keep looking there though, just need to bear in my partner isn't going to travel to Nottingham..(haha x ) x

Hello Firerose.

I am a rescue based in Surrey but am helping with a lady who is trying to rehome her rabbits. She is in Gravesend. They are a neutered and vaccinated brother and sister pair of about 1 year old and live outside. They are gorgeous.

They'd need a big outside safe and secure space. I have a friend who lives in Dover who is going to be rescuing in the near future so if you are interested I could arrange a homecheck once we'd had a chat. Depending on what you are looking for I might be able to help with bunnies from my network of rescue bunny friends or a friend who is in Essex who currently has neutered and vaccinated bunnies for adoption.

if you'd like more information please e-mail me on therabbitcrossing@yahoo.co.uk

Helen

Hello Helen

That would be wonderful! I've had a look at the local rescues, and it seems Kent must be wonderful for bunnies, or perhaps they ship them further afield, I don't know but doesn't seem to be many about here.. Or if there are they are the Giant French Lops and sadly I just don't have the space for those it wouldn't be far on buns, I would love to hear more about the Brother & Sister and perhaps some photo's too, I am just getting ready to visit a local centre but I will e-mail you when I get home, I'm certainly open to some travel.. Just obviously not miles.. it's not me who drives it's my partner, if it was me.. I think I'd probably drive to Scotland for the right bun lol.

Anyhow, I'm waffling.. Thank you for such a lovely response and please look out for an e-mail later today from me! x

There are a few general animal rescues which also have rabbits, there's Anim-mates, Foal Farm and Second Chance to name a few. Foal Farm and Second Chance are more this end of Kent though, nearer London.

Have you had a look at the map on RR? http://www.rabbitrehome.org.uk/centres.asp

Yes I've looked on there hunni.. And wow what a small word, I am sure I know you from the lushie forum too.. lol

I think I will just need to keep looking and hoping one crops up soon! x

I think I must have missed something as I thought I read you were looking being home checked by the RSPCA, and that you were also in touch with Helen. I need to catch up.

I'm awaiting on the RSPCA to arrange a homecheck - I went to see a couple of bunnies Friday that they had - They've not long been neutured and are yet to be bonded.. So it's a case of waiting on hearing back from them I filled out the rabbit adoption but at present my local RSPCA branch has just the 4 in..

I have e-mailed Helen too :) it's in the air atm until the homecheck comes back, and then also if bonds go well with the RSPCA with them only having the 4 there :)

Yes I've looked on there hunni.. And wow what a small word, I am sure I know you from the lushie forum too.. lol

I think I will just need to keep looking and hoping one crops up soon! x

Yes I used to be on there, very rarely visit now, lush love officially gone I'm afraid!

Back