• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

changed title - Inorex treatment queires...(will contact manufactuer.-ask here still)

chelle

Warren Veteran
So annoyingly Ive found 4 fleas! yes four!

That means if they lay 20,000 eggs each then I could have 80,000 fleas!!! :shock:

So called the vets to check the correct stuff to buy and didnt check the price of advantage but they suggested Indorex House spray to do all the rroms they free range in indoors as well as they hutches & run...right mission but apprently it works very well just have to rinse off after 24 hours or something =- will have a read of instructions...but the prices for Indorex was:

My vet: 500 ml bottle £17.98 (inclu vat)

UKvet: 500ml bottle £8.71 (inclu vat)

How much is that difference..annoying as I love my vet but that is taking the mick just a tad!

I paid £9.22 per box of Advantage spot on up to 4kg rabbits which has 4 pipettes in each box.

:roll: hence Ive bought from vetuk,...

Last edited:
So annoyingly Ive found 4 fleas! yes four!

That means if they lay 20,000 eggs each then I could have 80,000 fleas!!! :shock:

So called the vets to check the correct stuff to buy and didnt check the price of advantage but they suggested Indorex House spray to do all the rroms they free range in indoors as well as they hutches & run...right mission but apprently it works very well just have to rinse off after 24 hours or something =- will have a read of instructions...but the prices for Indorex was:

My vet: 500 ml bottle £17.98 (inclu vat)

UKvet: 500ml bottle £8.71 (inclu vat)

How much is that difference..annoying as I love my vet but that is taking the mick just a tad!

I paid £9.22 per box of Advantage spot on up to 4kg rabbits which has 4 pipettes in each box.

:roll: hence Ive bought from vetuk,...

It's usually cheaper *not* to buy from the vet :shock:

Good luck with your de- infesting!

It's usually cheaper *not* to buy from the vet :shock:

Good luck with your de- infesting!

Yeah Ive just never really had to do it or its been antibiotics or something the vets just given me straight away so never went off to buy elsewhere....
So frustrating as it makes me wonder if other meds needed sometimes should not be bought at the vets now :-/
Its that re-assurance too that the vets give you ..id be worried I bought the wrong thing or gave the wrong amount

Thanks....my OH doesnt think I need to bother with the lounge as archie (bun) has only gone in the room for a few minutes..lol...
Im going to anyways but quite concerned about the spray - should i do our sofa's?

Archie does lick them & rubs his chin...abit concerned the spray will make them ill if they lick some dried residue later ...cant exacly wipe it off the sofa's..

Sadly vets are very expensive for these things but they probably pay more for the item than we can pay online. Anything that you don't need a prescription for is cheaper on line. You can get a written script from a vet for POM but they do charge and sometimes this makes its pointless. Also most vets will add a few pounds to each item bought - a dispensing fee.

With regard to fleas. You really need to spray everything and every nook and cranny you can. All animals should be out of the way for a short time though. Indorex is great though and will do the trick!

Yeah - i understand. Thanks for the info - good to know & will keep it in mind.

Oooh good to know you know about Indorex...was worrying me abit.

Ive not got carpets downstairs so that will be easy to spray.
But what about sofa's?
Shall I just spray the back of it where the rabbit doesnt go?

If I spray down the hutches - which are wooden....do i leave overnight & then rinse well?

Paranoid about the rabbits licking or chewing something that ive sprayed

thanks

Sadly vets are very expensive for these things but they probably pay more for the item than we can pay online. Anything that you don't need a prescription for is cheaper on line. You can get a written script from a vet for POM but they do charge and sometimes this makes its pointless. Also most vets will add a few pounds to each item bought - a dispensing fee.

With regard to fleas. You really need to spray everything and every nook and cranny you can. All animals should be out of the way for a short time though. Indorex is great though and will do the trick!

I am afraid I have no idea regarding residue! Looking on a couple of people have asked the question but not really had an answer. One suggested asking the manufacturer - might be a good idea. Generally the information with Indorex assumes cats and dogs.

I would love to know though, just in case I end up in a similar situation.

Well... I sprayed the hutch down and indoors in the dining room...then left for a couple of hours then hosed down the hutch and wiped dry. Washed the floors and wiped down anywhere the bunnies might lick or rub their chines. Huge mission. I ran out of Indorex though after half way through the hutch so the whole frame was down and the lower floors but have left the upper floors out.

I ordered two more cans which have just arrived but with the rain i cant finish the hutch or do the separate run yet.
Ive just treated buns for the second week and tonight I found a large flea on my arm ...must have come from one of the rabbits. :-(

So....I really want to know if the fact that i have wipred or rinsed everyhting down has not helped? BUT the vet said to wash the hutch down afterwards.
I'm going to finish the hutch & run when its not raining.

Whilst we were doing the hutch the rabbits kept coming over to rub their chins on it...with three adults trying to keep two rabbits away - it was like having two toddlers who sneaked about whilst you were not looking so i was abit worried but they have all been fine.

Do the large fleas jump off the rabbit because we are treating them and then die on the wiped down/off Indorex?

I'll try ring the manufacturers as suggested as I did not think to do that.

I spent an hour today with one bun sleeping on my lap ( I KNOW! Super special as she never does that) but now am wondering if I've spread the flea's...(I've not found any on her in particular but still) into my lounge.........aaaargh...which I have not treated.

I am afraid I have no idea regarding residue! Looking on a couple of people have asked the question but not really had an answer. One suggested asking the manufacturer - might be a good idea. Generally the information with Indorex assumes cats and dogs.

I would love to know though, just in case I end up in a similar situation.

Back