• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

I dont know whether to get 1 or 2 Netherland Dwarfs

chloe60

Young Bun
After losing my angel, Oscar (who was also a netherland dwarf) i have struggled greatly with his loss and now feel like im ready to give another rabbit the same love, not to replace. However, i dont know whether to get two netherland dwarfs (from the same litter) or just one. I dont want them getting too attached to eachother to the point where they wont let me handle them anymore but i also dont want one to become lonely when im at college. Just after some advice please :)

d994db82174cd8468e75be9b95b949e8.jpg
< My baby, Oscar 😇

I don't like to see 1 rabbit on its own it must be a lonely life even with their human family coming and going. So obviously I would say, 2. If you get 2 from the same litter, try to get brother and sister as they make the best couples.

I don't like to see 1 rabbit on its own it must be a lonely life even with their human family coming and going. So obviously I would say, 2. If you get 2 from the same litter, try to get brother and sister as they make the best couples.
Thankyou for the advice :)

I have got two Netherland Dwarfs both from the same litter. One of them does not like to be picked up but the other is quite happy to be picked up and stroked.

If younget them from a rescue theynwillmbe already neutered vaccinated and bonded which saves sooo much hassel. Many rescues home nationwide too. Have a look on rabbitrehome. Good luck.

I would definitely say get too. I understand what you mean about not wanting them too attached to each other, but I don't think it's fair for one to be lonely all day just so that they are affectionate when you are around in the evenings.

If you went to a rescue, they would also know which of their bunnies were more sociable with people if that is important to you.

Haha no no! Ive absorbed all of your other advice hahaha [emoji38]

Sent from my GT-I9195 using Tapatalk

Back