• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Adopting New Bunnies......YAY!!!!!

NewBunnyFan

Warren Scout
I've had a home visit this morning from a local rescue centre and have been approved to adopt two gorgeous lionlop cross brothers!!! I'm so excited!!!
As from my other thread I lost my lovely Netherland dwarf Fudge when he was being neutered a couple of weeks ago, although I still miss him tones I am so excited to give these buns a forever home!!!
I've never adopted before and am afraid to say I've always bought from pet shops but this feels so good to give a home to bunnies in need....the lady said she thinks they will be very happy here.

Have set the cage etc up for them and now need to decide if I keep their names or change them (one has the same name as my husband so that may get confusing!!)

I'm hoping to pick them up later today so will post some pics when I do!!

Just had a phone call to say the bunnies I wanted have had to be put on hold as they have became poorly!!! Gutted doesn't cover how I feel!

Maybe I'm not supposed to be a rabbit owner!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You sound very responsible and would defo make a great rabbit owner. Don't despair, I am sure the rabbits will be fine.

Oh no that's such a shame :( Did the rescue say what was wrong with them and whether you could still adopt them once they're better (assuming it's nothing too serious)?

Hi, one of the brothers passed away last week and now my bun has become poorly so they have put them all on hold just incase there is something serious wrong with them all. They have got some others for me to meet and they are currently trying to set me up to meet to little Netherland dwarfs who are with a foster carer.
Just so disappointing, been waiting for today all week and it started off so week and went down hill fast!! I need to fill this bunny hole I have!!

Hi, one of the brothers passed away last week and now my bun has become poorly so they have put them all on hold just incase there is something serious wrong with them all. They have got some others for me to meet and they are currently trying to set me up to meet to little Netherland dwarfs who are with a foster carer.
Just so disappointing, been waiting for today all week and it started off so week and went down hill fast!! I need to fill this bunny hole I have!!

Aww I'm so sorry :(
Hopefully you'll get the chance to meet some other buns soon to give a forever home! I know waiting is hard - currently waiting to bond my bunny with a rescue!

I'm hopefully going to meet the little nethies later tonight!! In the mean time I've had my nails done so I always have a bunny with me.....hehe
2d8a1f1758a2ecca751c49e90095cbcf.jpg

Trying to keep smiling as I can't handle being disappointed anymore!!

Hope your bonding goes well FloLo

Love you nails :D Hope all goes well meeting your potential buns tonight, I remember how frustrating it is once you've decided to adopt but having to wait for the right bunnies coming up and the rescue getting back to you etc. Fingers crossed these are the ones for you.

Back