• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

First gotcha day - Captured stray rabbit- ... Scally...

Bunny Buddy

Wise Old Thumper
Re an ad I've seen on Preloved where they've found a stray. He's thin and very matted. They need a cage for him, and sounds like help generally caring for him in the meantime, or rehome him, whichever offer they get. They have looked for owners.

I'd like to offer him a home but I'm not good on travel outside my 'safe zone' so if there's anybody in that area who would be able to bring him about 25 miles or so in this direction I would definitely be able to offer him a home, assuming his owners don't turn up.

I guess the ideal would be if someone could look after him in that general area for a week or so but making sure he's safe and not just passed into the wrong hands is the priority.

Last edited:
Aw he's pretty. I would have fetched him for you but I'm really stuck for time this weekend. :-(

Aw he's pretty. I would have fetched him for you but I'm really stuck for time this weekend. :-(

Aw, thanks, that's kind. I need to get brave with this travelling malarkey, it doesn't look very complex but I could guarantee getting lost :oops:

Just saw they are offering fro free. Could somebody please contact them to let them know that snake owners frequently search for "free rabbits" as snake food.
Some snake owners also pretend to be looking for a rabbit as a pet to then feed it to their snakes.

Hope somebody can get the rabbit to you he looks adorable :)

I'm in contact with the advertiser and I'd really like to get the rabbit ASAP, I'm pretty phobic the idea of getting lost but I've got a picture of the rabbit with no hay/suitable food etc. It's being cared for but not by someone rabbit-knowledgeable by the looks of things.

I will DEFINITELY take this rabbit on if anyone can assist in the meantime, I'm trying to psyche myself up for the motorway but it's well over an hour so it's a huge deal for me.

Last edited:
Yeah of course :) I've no plans I can't shift about today

You are wonderful. I actually left a message on your mobile before you came on line ... rambling on:oops:

I can definitely do this with moral support. The journey doesn't look too bad really, just not a familiar location for me.

I only have email contact for the advertiser and I've already told them I'd be prepared to collect, asked when they are available etc. So I need to wait for them to get back to me. I will let you know as soon as possible. I've given them my mobile number in case they go that route.

I just really want to get that poor bunny some hay/food etc.

Thank you :love:

No worries. Can you message me on here & I'll check in very regularly ...my mobile is useless...zero reception here, i rarely even look at it.

Give me a shout if you get stuck. Skelmersdale is a nightmare of a place to navigate (my work patch covers it) and I'm happy to help out with transport etc

Give me a shout if you get stuck. Skelmersdale is a nightmare of a place to navigate (my work patch covers it) and I'm happy to help out with transport etc

Thank you. I'm the world's worst for getting lost in unfamiliar places. If the timing was right, would you be up for collecting the rabbit and bringing him to the outskirts of somewhere easy to navigate from? I only have email facility for the advertiser so just sitting waiting for a response so I don't even know if it will be today but I'd like it to be as the bunny has no hay and at the moment I don't think any water.

Advertiser has made contact so things are in progress. The rabbit actually has hay, food, water so I was panicking a bit. The advertiser sounds to have got well organised.

Back