• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Halfpenny Pack- part 2

halfpenny

Wise Old Thumper
Rosty is 15 now, he's a collie cross cairn terrier and came here 2 years ago. He's slowing a bit now and has terrible ears, now deaf due to untreated issues but he's a happy wee lad.

Willow is Bruno's full sister, so 14 years old but pretty fit although she had a 'stroke' a few months ago. Willow has always been strong and fit but lately we can see her slowing down too.

Levi is a 10 year old lab, he can from an abusive situation too at 10 months old and is still pretty messed up. He is incredibly fit and well.

Pepsi is a collie cross dalmation and the same age as Levi, she arrived here at 3 months old after being chucked out just before Christmas by her family. She is very clever and fit and she and Levi act like bickering siblings!

Gosh Halfpenny how do you cope with so many old/ill animals? I've had 3 out of 4 rabbits to the vets in the last month and it's just stressing me out - I just want them all to be okay for a bit. I have the utmost respect for you keeping it up all the time.

Thank you.
The thing is it's not really about us, it's about them and allowing them to live their lives to their full potential. We are very lucky, from 5 years ago when we started we have gone from 4 volunteers to over 25 now. It means the animals, who have also increased in number get more attention individually. We have some great volunteers ranging from 14 year olds to people who have retired. We have children who go to public school, kids in foster care, people with learning difficulties. People who want to be vets, people who just love animals and people who just want something to do and help somewhere.
It's quite a little community, and the volunteers get to know the animals and care for them.
It's sad to think we may have to close in the future if we cannot get finances sorted out and if Mije hasnt found a job ( with the same wage) before he is made redundant in March!

Omg Rosty ... 💕

Letting them live out their lives with you is a beautiful service and I am sure that the rewards are many.

Lovely lucky dogs.

Back