• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Drowning in Guinea Pigs Rescue Part 5

honeybunny

Wise Old Thumper
PLEASE DO NOT COPY AND/OR SHARE ANY OF THESE PICS
Today I went to collect 6 sows that had places with Animals in Need Maxicare..huge thanks to them for taking more
These were the 6 they now have

We are full but I decided to take these two little ones who were in one of the still full hutches
Delta

and Discovery

We didn't have any more space and I have arranged to get all remaining ones out next week
BUT then I was shown this little sow
I have named her Sunbird

She was one of the sows were were meant to take on Monday but were told she had literally just given birth so had been shut away for the time being. Today the woman asked me to take her as she was in a bad way :(

Her back

and her sore patches under both ears and round her neck..all due to obsessive scratching due to mites

She has now had her nails trimmed, been mite treated and has Sudocrem all over her sores
Here she is with her 4 five day old babies, Sorento, Seville, Samba and Samuri

For those following some info
Just to update with numbers. We have taken in 65 pigs. 22 have been born since their mums were taken in making a total so far of 87 guineas.
Others rescues have kindly taken 59.
So grand Total 124 plus 22 newborns = 146 Saved so far

ouch poor girly. Glad you are still managing to get in there and hope you are holding up okay x

I know the lady had issues, and I know she got help eventually, but this is really upsetting.

Sending all the vibes. X

I know the lady had issues, and I know she got help eventually, but this is really upsetting.
Sending all the vibes. X

it is very upsettting as believe it or not the pics don't show how bad a state the pigs are actually in, and we lost little Chevette last night :( ( see RB )

Back