• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

potted herbs and plants ..

Helenmarie85

Warren Scout
When we get our bigger hutch and have the run attached I wondered about putting a couple of potted herbs .. is this a good idea or not?? Will they just over eat on them?? If it is a good idea .. what herbs/plants would be a good idea to plant .. I want 3 or 4 different sized pots.

I imagine they would eat them into the ground. You could grow herbs and pick them off for the rabbits, or give them limited access too them.

They'll eat him into the ground within a few minutes if they're anything like mine. we have tall herb pots now that the bunnies can't climb into which means there are herbs for us and also some for the bunnies to. We pick them and hang them from a string washing line which they love.

You can grow them in pots or trays you can easily move. I do that so that when they are full and bushy I put it in with the buns, which they promptly devour and then i remove it and let it grow again :)

You could also get a hanging basket or similar and put it upside down over the pot, if that makes sense. Then the rabbits can only nibble the plants down so far!

I have heard of people growing grass through mesh so the rabbits couldn't eat too far down. Sounds good to me.

Back