• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Hay Supplier- Herts

Thank you, I'll look at both of those. Which shop in St Albans do you go to? I actually live close to st albans so could go there. Thanks!

How big are the bags/bales of hay? I live in Watford & currently buy bales of stalky hay from Dust Free Hay Co. The hay used to be lovely & long & stalky but it's now short & soft (although I'm still ordering stalky) & my buns aren't really eating it, resulting in my Rex going into a really bad bout of stasis. St Albans isn't far from Watford but I do need a large quantity to satisfy 4 buns

My rabbits won't touch deans farm hay. They like the more stalky stuff so their basic hay is Timothy and rye from hay for pets which can be delivered and comes in large bags

My rabbits won't touch deans farm hay. They like the more stalky stuff so their basic hay is Timothy and rye from hay for pets which can be delivered and comes in large bags

Thanks for that information. I've already ordered a sample of their hays but it seems to be taking ages to arrive. How long does it take them to deliver a normal order? As I said previously my hay normally comes from dust free hay co but my other half erroneously ordered a sample of their hays & days later it's still not arrived whereas their bales are normally with me in a couple of days so maybe samples take longer

Notcutts Garden centre in Smallford (St Albans) sells really nice quality meadow hay (long strands and smells lovely). They sell a large bag for about £5 but it's probably about 3kg worth. My rabbits love it.

Back