• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Please can you send vibes for poorly Hollie .....

Bitzy-B

Mama Doe
She's an inpatient at the vets. She didnt eat all her tea yesterday and then refused her supper so I took her to the emergency vets and they kept her in.

They've rung me this morning to say she seems to have some abdominal pain around her kidneys/spleen area so they're going to do bloods and a scan this morning.

I can't bear to think of her in pain, she hasn't shown any signs of it, until she wouldn't eat last night I would never have know there was anything wrong with her!

So please can you send positive vibes for her.

Thanks

xx

Last edited:
A million vibes for Hollie. I hope the vets get to the bottom of the issue & are able to help her. She looks such a sweetheart

Thanks everyone ...... haven't heard anything yet .......I can't stand all this waiting ......I just want to know what it is we're dealing with and that she's going to be ok!?!?! xx

Thanks everyone ...... haven't heard anything yet .......I can't stand all this waiting ......I just want to know what it is we're dealing with and that she's going to be ok!?!?! xx

Hopefully no news is good news. But I realise that it is impossible not to worry and to want answers sooner rather than later.

Topping up the vibes for Hollie xx

Know that feeling well!

Vibes that all will be OK with Hollie xx

Thanks all ..... I've spoken to the vet who said they've scanned her and all her organs look normal, she seems to have normal movement, there are no blockages and her bladder looks ok. She is eating tiny amounts and has pooped tiny amounts but is still in pain in her abdomen so they're waiting on the bloods next. They should be back on Friday ....... so they're keeping her in tonight, then I can bring her home tomorrow - IF she's well enough (and obvs as long as I'm happy to give the medication orally etc) and then we can go back on Friday for the blood results and decide where to go from here. I'm going to visit her tonight after work when the vet said we can chat some more.

Back