• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Bunny Teeth

Hi, i havent posted for a while as i have been extremly busy but i am looking for some advice. Lately Pepsi seems to be eating slower than he usually does. He still gets very excited when he hears the food rattle in his bowl. I dont know whether this is due to a choking episode he had the other week on the new food. It was harringtons and the nugget size have seem to increase a fair amount and my guess he got too much food in his mouth and started choking. Luckily i manage to get the food out of his mouth so he could calm down or whether its his teeth beginning to play up. Any advice appreciated.

I have of course complained to the company because of the nugget size increasing 3x its regular size

Last edited:
Does Pepsi eat lots of hay to keep his teeth in good shape? Going off what you have said about his choking episode and eating slower, a Vet's appointment woiuld be the best course of action to check his teeth. How many pellets do you give them?

He does eat loads of hay which is why i dont think its his teeth, They just get 1 egg cup each split into two meals morning and night

Personally I would get the Vet to take a look at his teeth. Both 'choking' episodes and a change in how a Rabbit chews food can point to Dental issues. Spurs may not (yet) have occurred but if the crowns of the teeth are too long then problems can develop, including the development of spurs and also tooth root problems.

He does eat loads of hay which is why i dont think its his teeth, They just get 1 egg cup each split into two meals morning and night

There have been lots of thread on here about choking. Not all choking is connected with teeth issues.

If you do a search you may throw up some useful info. Good luck! xx

Thank You, hes been to vets today and they checked his teeth and they said they are in very good condition so its not them and they think he speed of eating is due to the choking episode in which he has become wary and is just taking things easily. I have to monitor him over the next few days to see what hes like and if i still feel like hes not right just to bring him back in.

In relation to the food, i got a reply and they have increased the food size due to complaints they were getting. I am getting a new bag sent out but the old size nugget which i am happy about. Thanks for the help i really appreaciated it

Back