• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Drowning in Guinea Pigs Rescue Part 4

honeybunny

Wise Old Thumper
Today I went back in and got out another 21 pigs
These 3 boars went to Camp Nibble

Many thanks to them for taking them and HUGE thanks to Sharon for transporting. Really nice to meet you and put a face to the name! xx

These 12 sows have gone to Tiny Paws Rescue. Many pregnant and in a poor way :(

Tiny Paws also got these 6 boars. As you can see from the pic some are in very bad condition :(

Big thanks to Carol and TP for taking these pigs in need and a huge big thank you to Emma who once again came to our aid and drove them down at short notice. xx

This takes the total got out so far, including the 12 born soon after rescue , to 129.

God :(

I hope that as the numbers are declining at the owners she's able to take better care of them while you arrange more spaces for them.

They're so resilient, hopefully after a bit of TLC and quality food and environment, they'll all be on the mend.

How many more are there left to get out?

I was wondering how many there were left in there - and what sort of conditions they are living in - whether they have more space and better conditions now?

I know Carol at Tiny Paws,I adopt my bunnies from her.Shes wonderful.They will get great care from her.

Thinking of adopting 2 of the sows.

Last edited:
Another of the sows being fostered for us gave birth tonight. Suzuki had 3 live babies and one born asleep. Please keep fingers crossed for mum and babes

:cry:

Just flagging up the following threadhttp://forums.rabbitrehome.org.uk/s...oneybunnies-Guinea-Pigs&p=6679993#post6679993
Funding the care of so many Guinea Pigs, some of whom may need a lot of Vet treatment, is going to be quite a challenge. I wish I were in a position to do more to help

thank you for posting the link, it is so kind of Sara to do this
I will say we have been totally overwhelmed by the response we've had . This rescue has been on my personal FB page ( can't put too much on the Honeybunnies page until we have them all out ) and people have been more than kind
My house looks like a warehouse as so many parcels have arrived. Some have also sent supermarket cards which have been/will be distrubuted around the fosterers to buy fresh veggies/ect.
We have also had a £50 payment to our vets from the Bunny Bank and another £50 is comign from Pleadge a Pound
My foster team have, as always, been superstars taking extra pigs and also contributing with supplies. One, ( yep you Carol! ) turned up with supplies and some flowers and wine for me which was lovely of her. And another has given loads of supplies and treat me and hubby to a takeaway! ( Cathy! )
One very nice lady has adopted a baby sow, we know her and trust her with the piggie as she has a herd of Honeypigs, and sent a HUGE donation to help with these
and it seems almost unfair to single those few above out as so many have been thoughtful and generous.
Each packet of dried herbs or kitchen roll helps
So everyone has played a part in saving these little lives :)

Back