• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Fireworks

VickyM_73

Young Bun
Does anyone here have any tips to deal with fireworks. My bunnies are outdoors and jump a mile even at the slightest noise. I'm a bit worried about how they'll cope on bonfire night.

Hiya... I always bring my buns indoors, i bring in their haybox, lots of noms and boxes and turn the heating off....

The coped pretty well...

Fee.

I use 'Pet Remedy' calming spray for Flo. Can't bring her inside (I think that'd be more stressful for her than the fireworks!) so i just spray the calm spray in her bed bit. I also like to spray it on my hand and then apply that to her nose/face. It really seems to help! :)

Make sure they have plenty of hideyholes, cover windows bits with carpet offcuts (great sound deadening properties), plenty of hay & water... That's my plan anyway! Mine are in a playhouse but have a hutch as part of their warren too so I'll be covering both from this Friday onwards.

Back