• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Little Nell

Oh goodness look at that little hapy hammy face xx

Seeing Nell really makes me want another Hammy, I've always had hammies. Including one that I'm sure was a guinea pig. It's only say the last four or five years I've not had one x

She's got one of the happiest faces :D How have you managed to get such expressive creatures in your life, Jane?! They're all wonderful :D

Aw she looks so pleased with her toy :love:

Is that a child's toy because it looks very similar to when I had when I was young :d

She is gorgeous :love:

We've got that toy somewhere too haha :)

I've been thinking about getting a hamster for a while now. Do you have any advice?

Personally I do not feed any commercial Hamster Food. Little Nell and most of my previous Hamsters all had/have a 'natural' diet with the appropriate amount of protein. Hamsters are omnivores not herbivores.

Lots of handling from the start and teach them to respond to their name. They really can learn and the more you interact with your Hamster the friendlier they become.

Let them have outdoor time in the Summer

Check their teeth at least once a week

Provide a large and interesting environment for them to live in and change all the fixtures and fittings around regularly.

Oh and my personal opinion is 100% against the use of Hamster 'Exercise Balls'- awful things

Personally I do not feed any commercial Hamster Food. Little Nell and most of my previous Hamsters all had/have a 'natural' diet with the appropriate amount of protein. Hamsters are omnivores not herbivores.

Lots of handling from the start and teach them to respond to their name. They really can learn and the more you interact with your Hamster the friendlier they become.

Let them have outdoor time in the Summer

Check their teeth at least once a week

Provide a large and interesting environment for them to live in and change all the fixtures and fittings around regularly.

Oh and my personal opinion is 100% against the use of Hamster 'Exercise Balls'- awful things

Thank you, do you make up their food with different components and then store it or do you put it all together each time you feed them? xx

Back