• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Sleep tight Molly

BeatrixPotter

Mama Doe
Last night after 18 months of ill health Molly's little body finally failed her and she slipped over the bridge. She was 9 years old.

Molly, you came to join our family almost exactly 5 years ago. The first 4 years of your life had not been happy. You had been owned by an evil, irresponsible backyard breeder and had been forced to have litter after litter in truly appalling conditions. Luckily an angel in the form of Helen from TRC came to your rescue. The day after you were rescued you gave birth to 3 dead kits and then had to have another removed by emergency spay. I have no doubt that if Helen hadn't come when she did then you would have died that day never knowing love.

The moment I held you at Helens that day I knew you had to come home with me. We had an instant connection. We just understood each other. So you were bonded with cheeky Marble, who you can now find at the bridge, and came home.

To start with you were very shy but within a couple of months you had gained confidence and started to trust us. You also fell in love with my children Ella and Jacob and they with you. Ella was a particular friend of yours and she would sit and read stories to you. You would sit next to her seeming to be listening intently.

Then ill health got the better of me and marble went to the bridge far to young. Life was turned upside down for a while. But despite what else was going on you were always there, just being you, just listening.

You always seemed perfectly happy as a single house bun with a whole room to call your own but we wanted you to want for nothing so we tried bonding you with Basil. It was not to be. You were very protective of 'your' children and when basil dared to try and share them with you he was told in no uncertain terms to back off! We didn't try to bond you again, you seemed so happy with just us. I hope we were right.

About 18 months ago your health started to fail. You developed reoccurring ear abscesses and then chronic lung disease. I thought we were going to lose you several times but you were a fighter and you kept plodding on.

In later life you became an extremely cuddly bunny. You had always tolerated cuddled before but now you would seek out a cuddle and oftentimes you would fall asleep in my arms. I wish you could have taken your trip to the bridge in my arms, warm and safe, but that wasn't to be.

Oh Molly, I don't know how I am going to cope without you. You were such a special girl and we had a relationship like no other. You got me and I got you it was as simple as that.

Sleep tight at the bridge my precious, precious girl. I will love you forever.

Mummy

I'm so very sorry she sounds like a very special bunny.

Binky free at the bridge Molly, there are loads of our friends waiting for you xxx

:cry: what a beautiful life story ...and she was very obviously happy and very much loved and knew she was with you...what a lovely old age she got to despite all her struggles and may she be felt in spirit .....run free Molly...and hugs to you & your children...may they remember how much she loved them all xxx

It brought tears of gladness to my eyes to learn how Mable was rescused and made a part of your family. Then it brought tears of sorrow to my eyes to learn of the loss of your beloved cuddle bunny.
There is no doubt in my mind that she was happy being bonded with you and your children. She was lucky to have a second chance at a wonderful life. Bless you all and Helen too.

I'm so sorry you've lost your beautiful Molly :cry: After such an awful start in life I'm so pleased she found her way to you and spent many happy years in a home where she was loved, cherished and doted on. I know the pain is very raw at the moment, they're such a big presence they leave a gaping hole when they have to leave us. Take care of yourself xx

Back